• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Feedback on map story im working on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys so i have been working on this map for a while now, i have pretty much most of it figured out, the only thing I'm struggling now with is training but that will get done, but i wanna know if i should work around the story a bit more, so, please gimme a feedback weather you think the story behind my map is a bit silly or dumb. Im gonna try to write it shortened and simplified but its still prolly gonna be a wall of text, apologies in advance.

So its an RPG adventure map but not the kind where you play over and over and save your hero, its a 1 go map. Your team is the League of Explolers, which for those who don't know is a faction from hearthstone. The reason I'm using is because it fits the theme since the heroes coming to the map are adventurers, and also LoE from hearthstone are completely racially friendly with everything. They have dwarf, elf, mage, murloc, undead etc. Its so that i can make heroes without being restricted that they have to belong to 1 faction, they are a neutral group of adventurers. Basically this island is not on any maps and the adventurers are trying to find it, legends say its covered in a mysterious fog. When they arrive the fog lets them enter but then doesn't let them sail away so they go deeper into the island to find its source and disperse is to they can leave + potentially loot some treasure. The whole island is a big temple consisting of several temples that are themed. temple of flames, temple of water etc. The story is that the temple was builder for the being who makes the fog by the island habitats when it arrived,i n exchange for protection. But the island habitats felt like slaves to the being so they tried to destroy it, but failed and that's why is island is forgotten and abandoned. The temples are gonna be full of traps and guardians that fit the theme of the part of the temple. There will be a lot of dead bodies with notes and diarys that you can read to uncover bits of the story etc etc. Each temple will have a couple bosses optional and mandatory, and 1 Big boss, the temple architect. When you kill him, you get access to different parts of the temple from him, basically you get a key. There is side quests, interactive, and specific hero based as well, but basically it always ends with the final fight with the dud who makes the magic fog, I think i have a pretty unique idea for the bossfigth so im not gonna discuss its mechanics but when it dies, fog goes away and you can leave etc.
In the beginning, i wanted to make the map for 4 players, 1 str hero tank, 1 agi hero dps, 1 intel hero spell dmg, and 1 hero support, but at the end i think im gonna go with only 3 players Tank DPS and Support. Also welcoming feedback on this weather you guys think its better to go 4 so that spelldamagers are a thing but i would like to make supports be playable as spelldamagers too, im making a pretty simple talent system so i will give healers talents which transform their kit into spelldamager

Yeah i wrote it extremely simplified, i don't actually wanna give away much exact lore since i want the finding dead bodies diaries to be a thing, but ye, do you guys think the story is a bit too ridiculous and dumb or would a map like this work for u?

Level 6
I think it's a great premise for a map.
thank you, glad to hear it. I imagine its gonna take me some time but so far, i have EVERYTHING figured out except for the training. I want this map to look good because when a map looks like a 3 year old made it, even if its the best map ever, people are gonna be like meh.

ALSO, might not take that much time thanks to corona

Level 6
It sounds good, but maybe have different heroes able to unlock different areas.

For instance, murloc can swim to trigger switches, mage can open magically-locked doors, etc.

i do have that actually, the murloc swim, and a couple more special interaction for heroes but i don't really wanna give away too much info that's why i left out a lot, the feedback i want here is more or lees on the story, if its like, not too weirdchamp or etc

Status
Not open for further replies.