• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite SSBB Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Dash = Glitch

and dont you come saying that it isnt, why arent those that can bouncing like the rest of the characters?(long time since i played melee, so i might be wrong)

anyway, yes, Brawl could be improved MUCH more considering they removed much that should have stayed, like for example now, short hopping. They didnt need to remove it completely, just nerf it down a bit. Marios spin, why the hell turn it into a Dair? does anyone actually use the fludd? or his Dair not for that matter? okay, his Dair wasnt the best in Melee either, but anyway. "Do not destroy what can be fixed"

They didn't remove short hop. its just not as useful now that they took out L canceling (Since most moves leave you with landing lag that you cant get out of) and alot of the chars have high shorthops that you need to have awkward timing to hit shorter characters (Capn Falcon, Zamus)

I think by dash you mean Wave Dashing (Though I could be wrong)
Its a glitch, But imo one of my favorite glitches, it creates much faster movement while allowing you to do moves like upsmash without running like in this one.
THe Dash up smash seems more like they're trying to satisfy The wave dashers rather then actually a very necessary move.

As for move changes... theres a bunch I'm not a fan of either...
1) Lucas's Up smash
2) Lucas Up B vs Nesses Up B (Lucas's is stronger and doesn't die when you hit someone while nesses is weaker and dies when you touch someone with it)
3) Donkey Kongs B (Its now a shorthopped move if you want to make it go distance, which is cool and and all.... but still takes away from making DK an Easy char... )
4) Diddy Kongs Bananas (WTF?!?!? SO ANNOYING!!!! I HATE THOSE THINGS, I'll slip on one, then caught on another and unable to get out in levels where theres corners.... And then people say don't attack.... WTF am i supposed to do? Sit back and wait for diddy to stop being a little punk?)
5) Snakes moveset.... everythings rediculous.... up tilt, for tilt, a combo, d tilt, >.>.... his smashes are more a hinderence then helpful, except for the Mortar slide and Down smash... sometimes....

I can't think of any other peoples moves... But yeah...
This game has its ups and downs... I love it though... But I hope they make the next game freindly to noobs and experts instead of just one or the other.

Level 12
they didnt remove shorthopping? oh, seems i need to read up on my Brawl Knowledge xD

anyhow, DeDeDes B is just horrid according to me. Yes, it might be usefull, but damage? almost none. Knockback? Fixed. It would have been fine if it did something more than just "suck in, blow out", but it seems it wont(since nintendo cant actually make patches)

Level 12
they didnt remove shorthopping? oh, seems i need to read up on my Brawl Knowledge xD

anyhow, DeDeDes B is just horrid according to me. Yes, it might be usefull, but damage? almost none. Knockback? Fixed. It would have been fine if it did something more than just "suck in, blow out", but it seems it wont(since nintendo cant actually make patches)

DDD's B is actually something that is very very interesting....

If you can Suck them in, but have them miss you... what actually happens is they go flying at a pretty high speed...

I'll try and find a video of it
A Crappy but pretty much what it is

Its difficult and seems useless, But I'm sure it has its place... though they probably couldve picked something better... this move also has kindof a history...

Level 2
Are you joking? DDD's neutral B must be the best utility move ever.
Kirbycide just became a lot easier with DDD. You can now suck someone up while on the ground, turn around, and walk off without them getting out, even against a lvl 9 cpu.
+ Good priority of course for a few easy %s.

Level 12
Are you joking? DDD's neutral B must be the best utility move ever.
Kirbycide just became a lot easier with DDD. You can now suck someone up while on the ground, turn around, and walk off without them getting out, even against a lvl 9 cpu.
+ Good priority of course for a few easy %s.

THat sounds about right, SUicidal Moves FTW

I was just thinking about the game and I came to an old conclusion
Moves

Add or Lower The Power Depending on How much Lag it Has
Then Distribute the Lag into
1) Initial Lag
2) Move Duration (Is it a combo move (Ends with a big finali [kirbys down air])/Sex move(strong at first weak after[Link's Neutral Air])?)
3) Ending Lag

Chargable Moves (Smash Attacks) obviously have a choice of Initial Lag, so You decide how much an attack does without charging.

The Only thing that should change about each character is
How many Angles around the character do the A moves effect at once-Links Forward tilt attacks above and infront
Range of the attacks from your character- Dks Forward Tilt
Area of Effect-Like Lucas's Up Smash
Jumping Speed-Fox has incredibly fast jumps
Aerial Speed-Wario has a lot of DI
Movement Speed-Sonic

Bs Should each be something Special. Independent of a characters Attack Balance, Rather its own balance.

Level 4
I'm going to get drilled, but my favorite characters are in this order (I kind of like the complete opposites of the spectrum, fast and light attackers and slow and heavy attackers):

-Pit - I absolutely love his speed and juggling capabilities. Not to mention how hard edge guarding is against him.

-Peach - She's adorable in every aspect. I particularly love Mushrooming my enemies to death if I can predict them.

-Lucas - I don't know why, but I prefer Lucas to Ness. His projectiles are quite fun... so is smashing peoples' faces in with a bat.

-Lucario - I haven't quite mastered him entirely, as I just recently decided to take him up as I've been trying a lot of other characters, but I like the potential I see in him.

Level 4
Haha, no. I usually zip around, trying to deal as much damage as possible without taking some. His abilities to avoid damage (like Peach), are quite useful. Unlike Peach and Pit, he's a bit slow though. The benefit is that his attacks are powerful enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.