• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite SSBB Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Snake is an absolute demon from hell if used right.

Whenever I play as Snake, it's gotten to the point where my friends groan when I select him. When I win, it first starts out as groaning, then leads to shouting, quitting, questioning of Snake's sexual preference, questioning of my sexual preference. It's quite funny.

What, they think Snake's straight or something? You have weird friends....

Level 8
Snake is an absolute demon from hell if used right.

Whenever I play as Snake, it's gotten to the point where my friends groan when I select him. When I win, it first starts out as groaning, then leads to shouting, quitting, questioning of Snake's sexual preference, questioning of my sexual preference. It's quite funny.

lol it must be natural to people who lose at the game then, cuz my friends do the exact same thing when i pick Meta Knight. With the exception of calling him the cheapest and best character in the game, and that im only good at ssbb cuz i use him lol.

Level 24
Lol, Ike is the cheapest, but he's certainly not the best. That slot would go to one of: Mario, Luigi, Link, Ganon, Captain Falcon, Zelda, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Meta Knight, Snake, and a couple others I can't think of. Ike would be in there, except he's cheap.

Level 8
huh, i always thought that the most you could do is 2, im almost positive of it. Im not accusing you of lying or anything like that, its just that if they gave Pikachu any more jumps that 2 on his quick attack, he would be closer to meta knight, pit, R.O.B., and kirby at recovering.

Level 24
Brawl's Pikachu is a yellow can of electric-mouse beat-ass. All of the Melee characters received a boost in what feels like power (even Marth, except they killed his range) and Pikachu seems to have been on the higher end of that spectrum.

Level 24
Ike is a fairly overpowered character, and it's much easier to be cheap with Ike than to be cheap with most of the other characters.

Level 27
Ike and Snake are really powerful, Snake's smashes are devastating, and Ike is pretty devastating as well. One character I am cheap with is Wario. Wario Waft owns at breaking the Smash Ball while blowing your enemies out of the way, and his up-B is good at getting the Smash Ball as well. I mostly like heavy characters, which is a big change from the last game, where I liked faster characters. Used to like Metaknight, but his lack of powerful moves made me dislike him. Toon Link is good, mainly for bosses though.
--donut3.5--

Level 3
"WE LIKE IKE WE LIKE IKE WE LIKE IKE WE LIKE IKE WE LIKE IKE WE LIKE IKE" Says the crowd as Ike owns everybody on the screen, 500 times, in only a minute.

Level 24
Ike is a rigged little bitch, and Snake's final smash is a game breaker. Snake is a very unorthodox character the rest of the time, though. He takes a while to get used to, but I can imagine that he would rock ass if you were good with him. Ike is just too easy to be cheap with, compared to other characters.

Level 4
I completly agree with you, and my second favorite charecter is definently Samus (not Zero Suit) since I belive she is a challenge to master especially if your like me and don't use the special smash.. or super smash. What ever it's called.

Level 24
Final Smash? Anyways, Ike is fun to play with, but easy to be cheap with. I myself like Ganon, Zelda, and Jigglypuff.

Level 12
Just Because I like this thread.......
I'll say why I like them..........

Snake Trick Master
You do tricky things with him..... alot of it........ (Dsmash, Down B infinite Jump, B Sheild grenade throw/drop) While also having Power moves that are kinda hard to get off but if you do... your deadly....Like the F-air and the D-air....... Also... His Taunt Can be used as a spike which makes him awesome.......

Marth Forsight
Forsight at its best, you know when someones going to attack and prepare for it with Down B... You know when some one will block and use the B..... You can usually hit people before they get too close with all of his moves and his Up air is perfect for killing when your ariels won't do the job or your about to land and the landing lag will screw you over....

Fox Basic combo ability
The Down B is still a beauty to get off.... especially off the ledge... The blaster isn't some stunner.... Just racks up damage so your enemy will have to run towards you.... his jumps are rediculously quick but once you get used to them makes him rediculous in the air especially with his f-air and b-air... Forward B.... eh.... Up B.... eh....

THats what I like about him....

I'm not a fan of smashing... I'd rather use a tilt before a smash... Comes out quicker and gives me a combo oppertunity....

Level 3
Samus is my favorite since she kicks ass, and also since she was my favorite Nintendo charecter when I was growing up.

Level 12
Snake D+B infinite jump? Ive never noticed that that makes an infinite jump.

theres videos of it...
You basically Blow yourself up if you time it right.... :D

Allowing you to do it OVER AND OVER again...
And give yourself another up B....

Obviously at high damage its no good....
But its still pretty awesome

Level 24
I don't like what they did to the counters for the Fire Emblem characters. They take a split-second from actually moving the sword into position for them to actually be able to block.

Level 8
Thats because its a counter, if it took, say, two seconds to do it, your opponents (assuming you weren't fighting stupid computers) would see it coming and wouldn't attack. They have to make counters able to activate fast or else it wouldn't be a counter.

Level 24
No, that's not what I mean. In Melee, Marth and Roy would be able to counter immediately after hitting down+B. In Brawl, there's a split-second lag between the time you actually hit down+B and when Marth/Ike is actually able to counter a move. It's much less useful now.

Level 12
No, that's not what I mean. In Melee, Marth and Roy would be able to counter immediately after hitting down+B. In Brawl, there's a split-second lag between the time you actually hit down+B and when Marth/Ike is actually able to counter a move. It's much less useful now.

I know what your talking about... I've been hit mid move....

But usually you know when your enemies coming.... theres no time for them to back down...

Level 7
I say Falco is my favorite character because even though hes kind of a clone to Fox, Falco can do large amounts of combos and moves in just a few seconds, even though theres hardly no such thing as combos in Brawl. :hohum:

If I ever get a match with a Smashball, I'll usually always get the Smashball for some reason (Lucky :grin:). And btw, Falco's Landmaster x2 pwns Fox's and Wolf's Landmaster. :thumbs_up:

"Personally, I prefer the air!" :xxd:

Level 24
Yeah. The cannon is too awkward to aim, and while Wolf's Landmaster can also push people off of the top (Killing them while they're invincible... lol), it doesn't last nearly as long. Of course, you can always do a barrel roll for massive damage.

Level 8
i never liked any of the starfox characters final smash just because, in my opinion, they are way to easy to dodge, and the fact that all of them turn slowly make it very hard to react to someone who has jumped over you. About the only thing you can do is jet upward and try and make them get to high and ko them, but usually they just run right off.

I always thought that Marth had a fun final smash to play with, simply because it can shoot you across the entire stage, with the exception of some of the larger stages like new pork city, and temple.

Im also a fan of transformation final smashes, like sonic, wario, bowser, samus, ect. I would say that samus has the best transformation, turning into zero suit. She is probably the best character in terms of combo potential because if you know how to use her, you can get a very powerful three hit combo if the first move hits. Just use a fully charged B, and if that hits, follow it up with another stun from her down+A smash, then her forward+A smash, and you can deliver a good chunk of damage.

Level 12
Im also a fan of transformation final smashes, like sonic, wario, bowser, samus, ect. I would say that samus has the best transformation, turning into zero suit. She is probably the best character in terms of combo potential because if you know how to use her, you can get a very powerful three hit combo if the first move hits. Just use a fully charged B, and if that hits, follow it up with another stun from her down+A smash, then her forward+A smash, and you can deliver a good chunk of damage.

Dash A can lead to an imediate up tilt also.........
FY!.........
He is Quite the character....
ANd any time an enemy is above you....... Up B........

Level 3
Ike is a rigged little bitch, and Snake's final smash is a game breaker. Snake is a very unorthodox character the rest of the time, though. He takes a while to get used to, but I can imagine that he would rock ass if you were good with him. Ike is just too easy to be cheap with, compared to other characters.

Snake is masterful at a duel, he can plant bombs every where, throw down a couple of grenades, and shoot a missile at anyone who gets knocked up in the air (depending on the stage) they're not going to be touching the ground if it's a real pro.

Level 12
Snake is masterful at a duel, he can plant bombs every where, throw down a couple of grenades, and shoot a missile at anyone who gets knocked up in the air (depending on the stage) they're not going to be touching the ground if it's a real pro.

Except when fighting olimar or marth....
I've beeen able to keep my pace when I'm either of those kids....

But Olimar is a cheap little whoar... :/

Level 12
how is olimar cheap? Even if you get stuck with pikmin, you can just shake em off with a strong attack.

ANd when you contantly worried about Olimars smashes... You dont always have the time to....

Smashes, Ariels, The forward and Up B....

Level 24
The problem is, the rest of his attacks are mediocre, and he's almost as light as Jigglypuff. He certainly can't recover like Jigglypuff can.

Level 12
The problem is, the rest of his attacks are mediocre, and he's almost as light as Jigglypuff. He certainly can't recover like Jigglypuff can.

No way...
His ariels are Marth esque asides from a dair which is a spikeand an up air which is nice combo move to protect from most dairs

As for his tilts....
You never really have to use them....
-Just run away and space just right with your forward B
--When they get too close Grab them
--When you see an opening (tons of moves have lag) Smash
--His ariels have enough Distance to override alot of moves and one spikes and the other combos...

His pretty decent
You just got to remember to stay away.... And use for-b as your primary attack

He has minimal weakness Possibly none except for being able to react in time...
But even that he only needs to stay away of whach and react before people get too close...

Only really has to worry about people with projectiles and faster characters...
But both of those are defeated with purple pikmin... and the fact you can dodge...

Level 25
Hey, guess what?

Brawl STILL isn't out here yet :v

However, I have managed to play it, cause someone dragged along a modded Wii to a LAN party. And as such, my favourite character from that little play is good ol' Peach

Seriously, she is murder and will destroy you. Even though playing as her turns into a massive game of "Keep away" and striking your opponents when they least expect it, she is still damn powerful

Status
Not open for further replies.