• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fave FPS game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Just out of curiosity-- what is the benefit of playing FPS on a console? I mean.. aiming with a joystick is rather annoying.

Unless you've got one of these (console mouse):
437468.jpg

Then I don't get why people play FPS on consoles at all. Also applies to RTS and RTT games, of course. Everything else is just fine and I love playing games on consoles as well.

As for favourite FPS' - I cannot recall any I've liked exclusively for consoles (pretty much because of what I said above). Though FPS games I do like:

Unreal Tournament 2K4, 3 (though I have not been able to play it online because of my ISP, the game itself is awesome.. crappy cliffhanger ending of a crappy campaign though, put them back in a damn tournament).
Quake Arena
Quake Wars (seems cool, not played a lot)

Otherwise..
Mass Effect is decent enough, though it's a lot about just dishing out maximum damage rambo-style rather than skill at shooting (is it even possible to remove auto-aim completely? I hate auto-aim)

I tried Halo once, didn't like it at all, didn't bother to learn anything about the sequels.

Can't seem to recall any more FPS' that I've liked/like now or hate. :p

Level 7
I've got:
Counter Strike 1.6
Doom 3
Crysis Warhead
Half life 2 (and the rest; episode two, garry's mod, etc.)
Left4Dead
Bioshock

and I've already played Gears of War (my friend's xbox 360)
Fallout 3 (my cousin's pc)

of all the said games, I personally LOVE bioshock and will be anxiously waiting for Bioshock 2.
BIG DADDIEZ RULE! (i fucked the ending up: just ONE little sister harvested and it's off to world domination you go :eek: )

Level 17
Mayhaps Metriod isn't anyone's favourite, just one that they like but not to the extent of the others.
Anyways, I started playing Battlefield: Bad Company again, so now that's at the the top of my list at the moment.

Level 3
For single-player, Fallout 3. I know it's marketed as a role-playing game, but you spend a huge chunk of your time in first-person with a variety of guns shooting at other people with guns in real-time, so I'm counting it.

For multiplayer, Halo 3. Splitscreen--I never even tried online.

Level 11
Resistance : Fall of Man as of 2007, this game gave me one of the greatest feelings of entertainment "right" when it came out, it was well balanced, really good graphics, great teamwork involved, great storyline, but they just had to mess it up didn't they.

but they just had to come out with a patch that made all guns super weak, and it took 2 double barrel shots from a shotgun to kill ne1.

This game stood as one of the PS3's first FPS's, and even today i still play it just because how awesome it was.... but it's just not as fun with that new patch.... o well :p

Level 13
Hang on.
Half life
Halo
CoD
Battlefield
L4D
Any shooter by valve else then thoose I mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.