• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fave FPS game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
L4D is great. AvP is amazing, although only partly an FPS. CoD:MW is good. Gears of War on Horde with friends is fun. Golden Eye is classic of course.

If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with AvP.

Level 37
Why people don't like Heretic? It's so awesome and old.

10122750.jpg
06hereticgnu.jpg

Level 9
I got to be honest, Doom makes me sick, gives me headaches and such things like that. But I do like Halo, it does get my enjoyment once and a while.

Level 9
my favorite is "Clik 2 Spam". its a game where advertisements float around and there are site icons. click ads for weapons and click icons to spam there and send advertisements. some sites have shields, so you have to click them many times. (Note. click to spam really does send spam and you should be careful)

naaah jk. my fav is Source games and Halo Thwee

Level 9
Also, I would like to include I also like to play Counter Strike Source. I only play it a couple of times in the need of tempering my anger etc...

Old dooms?

Yeah, older ones like Doom 1 and 2 on PC and Doom 64 on Nintendo 64. They sort of gave me headaches and I had to sleep before I was ready to do something else. Intense games seem to put me down such as headaches, but I'm more used to that now :D .

Level 9
D.O.S. Doom FTW"!!
Its and "Return to Wolfenstein Castle 3D" Will Kick your Ass!!
Yeah, DOS Doom. It doesn't work now and I sort of lost it, but I don't get these type of headaches anymore because I don't play them anymore. N64 games also give me headaches for some reason; 007 Goldeneye is one of them.

DOS on Warcraft II was good, but when I bought Warcraft III I got a better taste of it, and eventually I lost Warcraft II because my computer had a virus which infected other executable/s and eventually I had to format my computer eventually, forgetting to backup Warcraft II. Warcraft III is fine anyway, but what is Doom III like now?

Level 10
Halo 3 is very funny, dual wielding weapons and the melee system and all, but there are better FPS games gameplay-wise. Bioshock has a place in my heart.

But the favourite has to be Halo 3 then because of the amazing story, (imo). 1st and 2nd Halo is/was also great (because of the story).

Level 15
Failo 3 fails... Lack of creativity whatsoever, Bungie basically took bits and pieces from every sci-fi FPS in existence and combined it into one piece of crap game with horrible game mechanics and a story that also takes bits and pieces from every sci-fi game/book in existence (has anyone noticed how Halo took some concepts from the SC story/lore and made some simple modifications to them, then called them their own? Stupid Bungie...). Honestly, how dare you call yourself a PC gamer if you think Halo is the best...

Half Life 2 is definitely at the top of my list, along with UT2004.

Crysis is fun, it looks nice and all, but the only thing really great about it is the visuals, the physics and the AI difficulty when set to the hardest mode is actually smart (In Crysis, instead of increasing enemy accuracy, giving them unlimited ammo/grenades, the enemy AI actually becomes smarter, hiding, surrounding, flanking, etc, and is best played on Delta difficulty because of that).

Left 4 Dead is awesome, though i find that Killing Floor provides you more strategic opportunities (like for example, you can weld doors shut, allowing you to cut off enemy entrances/exits. Take for example you're in a room, 2 doors, enemies coming from both directions, What do you do? Weld both doors shut 100%, or one 100% and the other somewhere between 25%?) It just takes more thought than L4D, with L4D you basically just let the game feed you the directions and kill any zombies on the way. Oh, and the Killing Floor equivalent of a Tank in L4D makes the tanks in L4D look like pansies (and don't be surprised if you run into 2 or 3 of them at once, or even within the first few minutes of gameplay).

Team Fortress 2 is awesome, not much to really say about it. If you haven't played it, shame on you. Go buy The Orange Box.

Cod4:Modern Warfare is fun, great multiplayer, game of the year for 2 years in a row and is STILL being sold for full price despite the pending release of MW2.

Level 17
Halo

Failo 3 fails... Lack of creativity whatsoever, Bungie basically took bits and pieces from every sci-fi FPS in existence and combined it into one piece of crap game with horrible game mechanics and a story that also takes bits and pieces from every sci-fi game/book in existence (has anyone noticed how Halo took some concepts from the SC story/lore and made some simple modifications to them, then called them their own? Stupid Bungie...). Honestly, how dare you call yourself a PC gamer if you think Halo is the best....

QQ

Who gives 2 shits about "lack of creativity", the game is fucking fun and everyone plays it for the multiplayer. If you hate it for whatever reason it's a matter of personal taste, not the fact that the game sucks.

"Horrible game mechanics" The game mechanics are fine, they work well with the gameplay and multiplayer, I wouldn't have it any other way. It's game mechanics just work and feels right when you play the game, I can describe it to you and you'd judge it as a terrible game until you've played it.

If I wanted the best "game mechanics", I'd play Half Life 2. If I wanted Story/Lore, I'd play Bioshock.

There's no FPS in current existance that can match Halo 3 in terms of pure multiplayer fragging enjoyment. (Before you mention it: Call of Duty 4 is immersive, tactical, and awesome. But it doesn't have the pure enjoyment factor of Halo 3)

And by the way, your logic is retarded and flawed. "Taking bits from every Sci-Fi FPS blah blah wah wah", I could say that about practically any game. Any game can be said to have taken ideas from another source, movie, novel or otherwise.

Try me.

Level 15
Halo

QQ

Who gives 2 shits about "lack of creativity", the game is fucking fun and everyone plays it for the multiplayer. If you hate it for whatever reason it's a matter of personal taste, not the fact that the game sucks.

"Horrible game mechanics" The game mechanics are fine, they work well with the gameplay and multiplayer, I wouldn't have it any other way. It's game mechanics just work and feels right when you play the game, I can describe it to you and you'd judge it as a terrible game until you've played it.

If I wanted the best "game mechanics", I'd play Half Life 2. If I wanted Story/Lore, I'd play Bioshock.

There's no FPS in current existance that can match Halo 3 in terms of pure multiplayer fragging enjoyment. (Before you mention it: Call of Duty 4 is immersive, tactical, and awesome. But it doesn't have the pure enjoyment factor of Halo 3)

And by the way, your logic is retarded and flawed. "Taking bits from every Sci-Fi FPS blah blah wah wah", I could say that about practically any game. Any game can be said to have taken ideas from another source, movie, novel or otherwise.

Try me.
QFT. Halo is one of THE best shooters ever, but frankly, I didn't enjoy playing Halo as much as I did Unreal Tournament 99'.

Level 8
My Favourites from best to worst:
-Half-Life 2
-Halo 3
-Counter-Strike Source (Egh, I hate 1.6)
-Portal (Yeah I know its not really a FPS but it still owns!)
-Left 4 Dead
-Urban Terror (Free to download)
-Alien Arena (Free to download)
-Doom III and the expansion for Xbox
-Halo 2
-Quake III
-Quake 2 (Zaero, Reckoning and Juggernaught)
-Counter-Strike 1.6

Last edited:
Level 12
I like COD 5 (Ya, I call it 5), its got a better system then Halo 3 IMO.

I quit playing halo becuase of its idiot melee system, over-powered weapons and community. The melee system sucks becuase the window is SO FREKIN BIG for a double melee, and normally comes down to who has the best connection. The over-powered weapon is easily found by looking at the battle rifle and the assualt rifle. The assualt rifle barely takes a clip to kill a full-shielded spartan, but it less then enough rounds with the battle rifle. And of course, the community. Who wants to play with a bunch of piss-brained 10 yearolds that screen and cry when they die. The only thing harder then trying to form a game plan is scaling the rockefeller in NYC(without ropes ofc). Its just retarded [/rant]

Level 7
QQ, I haven't seen F.E.A.R. said once.....

I mean come on, that was an intense FPS... the A.I.'s were not exactly easy to play on the harder difficulties, especialy on an Xbox when you can't save whenever you want.

Level 6
Counter Strike
First FPS game that i played on PC. Awesome! This game makes me prefer PC games than Console.

Battlefield Series
Well, more complicated than CS, and i feel like im in the real battlefield when playing this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.