• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Arena] Fated Fighters' Arena v0.19 (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Greetings! I'd like to share my take on a Hero Arena that I've been working on for what feels like an eternity now in bits and pieces.

Gameplay:

You are a fighter in an up to 6 player arena, It can be played up to 3v3 or FFA (Balanced for FFA gameplay) you are spawned in the center with everyone else with two minutes to get your bearings. You are given a Tech Point with up to 4 different research options to spend it on, each research option can be upgraded twice after selection, and you will gain a Tech Point every 3 levels, with a max level of 20 that will add up to only 7 out of a total of 12 possible upgrades for each hero, in combination with items and recipes this will help to create many different play styles for your favorite hero.

In addition to this, as you kill enemy heroes you can choose to spend your gold (Arena Points) on items or powerful passives for your hero found at your Research Center, giving players an option to spend their gold on an instant improvement or to attempt to make a potentially perilous journey to a shop.

As the battle begins after two minutes, it should feel instantly chaotic with all players battling for early gold and experience advantages. Every 90 seconds of gameplay time a massive coin will spawn in the middle giving players who attack it a massive amount of gold. In addition to this there are Berry Bushes that spawn randomly around the map at the beginning of the match, consuming the berries will heal your hero, there are no safe zones, so this will be the only method of healing outside of certain abilities and passives.

If you are behind after the start heroes are given a set amount of experience every few seconds to make sure that you always find a way back into the action.

The first player (or team) to reach the set amount of kills (default 30) will be victorious.

Features:

8 Fully Custom, and Complete heroes (with many more in the works) designed to be skill-oriented

5 Resource Systems

1 - Mana; Heroes with mana regenerate their resource slowly over time and generally have spammable abilities

2 - Power; Heroes with the 'Power' resource will have an ability that generates their resource for them, enhancing their strengths greatly, however it decays quickly over time

3 - Energy; Heroes with 'Energy' regenerate their resource quickly and spend it just as fast as it comes in.

4 - Tokens; Heroes that use tokens generate their tokens by using 'builder' abilities and spend them with 'spender' abilities, although some heroes may generate tokens over time as well.

5 - None; Some heroes have no resources, and can use their abilities on cooldown.

Example Hero: The Demolitions

Now the demolitions is a hero that uses Tokens as a resource, his 'spender' abilities are Backblast, Rocket Salvo, and Unleash Hell, his ultimate. His 'builder' ability is Rapid fire, and he is unique in that he regenerates his tokens over time. The ability Rocket Salvo has no cooldown and is generally the first you should take to maximize early kill potential. He is also unique in that he has access to the 'Attack Ground' ability, allowing you to predict enemy movement with your standard attack, which deals large amounts of splash damage and is deadly when a direct hit is landed.

upload_2019-12-9_16-35-34.png

Active Abilities:

upload_2019-12-9_16-43-45.png

upload_2019-12-9_16-44-31.png

upload_2019-12-9_16-44-42.png

upload_2019-12-9_16-44-59.png

Passive Abilities:

Arena Point Only Passives:

upload_2019-12-9_16-50-40.png

upload_2019-12-9_16-50-52.png

Tech Point Only Passives:

upload_2019-12-9_16-51-5.png

upload_2019-12-9_16-51-42.png

upload_2019-12-9_16-51-15.png

upload_2019-12-9_16-51-29.png

Here is a short video of the demolitions in action: 2019-12-09_13-29-06 - Streamable

As you can see with just a few upgrades things can get pretty crazy.

Fully Custom Damage System:

Now you might have noticed there are phrases like "Spell Power" and "Attack Power" being thrown around in these tooltips. That's because heroes in Fated Fighters only gain a Skill Point, and 1 Stamina Point per level. Stats do not provide their usual bonuses, instead they provide Spell Damage or Physical Damage.

Each Point of Attack Power will increase ALL physical damage you deal (represented by Red damage numbers) by 3%, and Each Point of Spell Power will increase ALL spell damage dealt (represented by Blue damage numbers) by 4%. Certain heroes can improve these bonuses to take more advantage of them, or even gain them via their passives like the demolitions.

However the best way to improve these stats is by buying items, here is a sample item you will be able to purchase by combining an Orb of Wisdom, Slayer and Ring of Power from their respective shops.

upload_2019-12-9_17-2-28.png

This item is very powerful, providing a massive 60% boost to your total spell damage, in addition to other bonuses.

Easy to use UI:

After selecting your Hero you will notice you have four heroes, (F1) your Standard Hero, (F2) your Research Center, (F3) A Recipe Book and (F4) Storage

Mastering these hotkeys will be crucial to quickly navigating the game. In addition, each hero has standardized hotkeys (Q,W,E,R) and the upgrades Hotkeys are all also standardized (Q,W) for Arena Point Upgrades and (Z,X,C,V) for Tech Point Upgrades
upload_2019-12-9_17-4-48.png

Credits and Closing Words:

I've put tons of work into this project, and most of it was done solo so if anyone would like to join the development team I'm looking for help https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/looking-for-help-with-hero-creation.320689/#post-3388570 the map is unprotected, so feel free to check out what I'm working on next or snatch up some of my code, just make sure to give me credit if you used something.

Discord Link: Join the Fated Fighters' Arena Discord Discord Server!

Big thanks to Bribe@hiveworkshop for his awesome damage engine/knockback system/movement detection system that enabled a lot more creative freedom for me.

Thanks to diablo-dk@hiveworkshop for his awesome recipe system for items

Psionic Lift effect by Malvodion@hiveworkshop
Arcane Barrage model by [email protected]
Ghost Riders icon by Mc [email protected]
Archon model by BROAD_SIDE@hiveworkshop
Disintegration Beam by Illidan(Evil)x@hiveworkshop
Psionic Echo model by dhguardianes@hiveworkshop
Paladin model by AhhFreshWeed@hiveworkshop
Holy Lance model by Mythic@hiveworkshop
Avenging Wrath model by Mythic@hiveworkshop
Penance Model by Champara Bros@hiveworkshop
My brother