• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Fate Of Azeroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
17 years after arthas was defeated the lich king still managed to remain alive, and now he threatens the lives of every race in azeroth.

This is my new and improved project. My original idea was the war of the races melee map. The problem with that map is that it was just 1 map and not even half way done and it was 17 mb. So i figured that i would be better off making something that someone might actually dl, lol. It will still have some of the same ideas and most of the same models. The difference is that im turning it into a campaign, so each map will be alot smaller file size.

Basically what it is going to be is that in each lvl you play a different race and your main goal is to wipe out the lich kings threat on your city. One thing that i am going to do is add in optional quests that are different for each lvl so that each lvl isn't exactly the same thing. Each race will be in its own city (which will be a fairly large size city), just like my idea in the war of the races. Each city will be full of usefull items including one legendary item that suits each race. The lich will start his invasion in the outland and then move to kalimdor. The last lvl is the hardest. You will have to fight the lich king himself.

So far I have 14 races that i want to use for sure and a couple that are undecided. The 14 Races(in order) include:

Outland
-Draenei
-Fel Orc

Northrend
-Dwarves

Eastern kingdoms
-Human
-Goblin
-High Elves
-Blood Elves

Maelstrom
-Mur'gul
-Naga

Barrens
-Orcs
-Gnolls
-Tauren

Ashenvale
-Forest Trolls
-Ancients

What i want to accomplish with this campaign is to make really good quality custom races. I will not use any building, unit or icon more then once, each will be unique to its race. I also want to make each race to look like each unit, building, and icon all actually belong in one race.for e.g. i dont want to put the goblin sheep processor in the same race as the goblin junkyard. they look totally different. I would put the goblin junkyard in the same race as the pocket factory (same style). So if you help me out with the buildings, plz consider this.

I have been working for hours now copying and pasting pics into paint to give you guys some tech trees of what i got so far. There are some models that i have somewhere on my comp but just havent imported them into each map yet but this is what i got so far. (names will be made later now they are not important)
http://http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/153234-albums1125-picture8115.html
http://http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/153234-albums1125-picture8114.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/153234-albums1125-picture8113.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/153234-albums1125-picture8112.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/153234-albums1125-picture8111.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/153234-albums1125-picture8110.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/153234-albums1125-picture8109.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/153234-albums1125-picture8108.html
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/153234-albums1125-picture8107.html

If any of these links dont work just go to my profile and look under the Fate of Azeroth album there all there

The rest will be added when i have more time to make them.

Well this is where you come in.
I need

Modelers(as many as possible)
-buildings
-units
-doodads
-items
Icon makers

Artists(to make loading screens)

terrainers

if your willing to help plz say so it would greatly be appreciated.

here are a few things to get you guys started.

modelers
-buildings
--Troll Beastiary-take the original beastiary and give it forest troll looks. use the troll hut as an reference. for the main tower of the beastiary (the one with the cage). replace it with a verticle log(troll hut) and make the cage wood sticks.

--Giant Bat Roost- use the chimera roost as a base model and give it troll hut skin. also place 1 or 2 giant bats hanging upside down from the posts sticking out.

-Doodads
--just make doodads that would suit each race's city. For E.g for the goblin city make a fountain with gears stacked on top of eachother.

-Icons
--these are for the legendary weapons make a cool looking weapon item for each race. for e.g. for the orcs make a powerful axe. i dont mean just make an icon. i mean an actual model item.

-Artists
--You will be making my loading screens. For each race i want them to have their crest with their name on it somewhere.
here are some crests already made by blizzard for the human, draenei, dwarves, goblin(supposed to be gnome but it would work for goblins), Orc, Tauren, Troll, Blood elf. i still need high elf, ancients, naga, gnolls, murloc, and fel orc. also can you take these crests and add the names on them.
http://http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/153234-albums1125-picture8116.html

-Terrainers- i need you to help me make the cities plz use map size 128x128
and try to make this as good as you possibly can. use these tile sets. Place an area for the players base(dont forget goldmine and trees) in the middle of each city and an area for the lich kings base outside the city as well

draenei-outland or black citidal
fel orc-outland or black citidal
Dwarves-northrend or icecrown glacier
Human-cityscape
Goblin-any
High elves- any
Blood Elves-any
Mur'gul- sunken ruins
naga-sunken ruins
Orcs-barrens
Gnolls-barrens
Tauren-barrens
Forest Trolls-Ashenvale
Ancients-Ashenvale

My contributions
-ideas and storyline
-Making the races(techtree and all that stuff)
-triggers(still havent got them figured out but by the time all this is done i should)
-i will make the orc city
-after im done that ill see what needs done still

Sry for the long post but had a lot of details. Any help will be greatly appreciated. There is alot of work to be done if i were to work alone it would take forever, i also cant model so i would never get this done with out your help. If your willing to help plz say what you can help with. and if your going to take one of the tasks above plz say so, so that we dont have several ppl on one project. although for the terraining the more options of maps to choose from the better. Thank you for reading this i hope that you will decide to help. More info and tech trees will be added later. If you have any questions feel free to ask them ill be back on tommorrow to answer them.

Level 23
posted in some of the pictures, some model of skin details I could make. :p
1) remaking my Draenei Mage (GF has a grudge against me because I used one of his blood elf staffs as a dummy staff to show people what it would look like. Public's request. Even though I never planned on it having a staff. >_>)

2) a Dwarven Alter (Human alter has a Mountain King already, so perhaps I could make it a bit more dwarven (tell me what would make it more dwarven, anyone))

3) A Goblin Grenade Tower (Hurls a grenade, causing a massive explosion. To make up for that heavy damage, it fires every 5-10 seconds (however long is apporpiate))

Those are what I have so far. =3

Level 10
I'm surprised you didn't put trolls with the orcs. Is this supposed to be Horde and Alliance versus Arthas and undead? lol btw, I thought that you would have the four main races, plaus naga, so 5 races. Each one has a campaign of their own. Each campaign leads to one area in northrend and they team up against Arthas. Depending on which race's campaign you are playing (orc, human, night elf, Naga, [Undead?]) you play as that race in the level. The rest of the races would be AI. So, if you play as Orcs, you play as orcs on the final level. If you play as Nightelves, you play as them in the final level. So basically, you can play each race, depending on which campaign you play.

Level 21
Forest Trolls left the Horde (stupid Blizzard idea).
This actually nice idea.I have seen campaign like this where you where playing with many races.
For loading screen go here
First 2 pictures don't work.But maybe Dranei are to much.They really don't belong in Warcraft 3 (not counting Akama and Falen dranei)

And you made a mistake.Gnolls are from Lordearon not Kalimdor,Forest Trols aren't from Ashenvale the Dark Trolls are.Forest Troll live around Quel'thalas.You don't have Night Elves.And dwarves live in Khaz'Modan which is in Lordearon.

Level 15
varsaigen- thx for helping out. ive seen an altar skin but it looks more like it was made for dark dwarves. i like the grenade thrower tower idea. it would go good with goblins.
sacridshadow- no its not neccisarily horde and alliance vs UD its pretty much every race for themselves survival. i just want to make good quality races and this campaign is just a way that you could play them all. My main objective are the races not so much the storyline. And the lich king was just an idea for an enemy that i had at the time it might change. still thinking about it. im not trying to stick with blizzards storyline for warcraft.
Veljkom-Sry but draenei are one of my faverite races (apart from naga). wether they belong or not i have to put them in. lol. and yes your right about the gnolls, forest trolls and dwarves. but by the way that the buildings were made i think that they would suit the environments that i gave them better For example the gnolls have barrens texture in it. i also had to put someone in northrend and the dwarves made the best option. The ancients are basically the night elves they will have most of the same buildings. the ancients are a race of treants druids and of course ancitents.

About your pic comments
fel orc-sacridshadow-i cant use the orc buildings because im using them for the orcs. remember what i said earlier, no building unit or icon will be used twice.
Draenei-sacridshadow-i was thinking about using the original draenei models but they wouldnt go good with the other draenei(remember that the draenei im using turned into the draenei like akama. so i cant put them in the same campaign. But i will use them as a last resort if i have to. otherwise i prefer to wait and see if some one can make some more buildings and units.
-varsaigen-plz do. i could deffinatly use another draenei spellcaster.
Goblin-sacridshadow-if some one makes another suitible unit creating building i will replace the creature pit with it. I personally dont like the creature pit but for now its something. The goblin merchant building doesnt suit my goblin race and im using it for my mur'gul anyways. I cant use any of the orc buildings because there already being used.

For those who tell me that i should just use such and such building or unit, and that it doesnt really matter whether or not it custom made, plz note that i am actually trying to make this a good campaign with good quality races i want to make all 14 races unique. i dont want any of them to be repeats. so comments like "it doesnt have to be custom" are unecessary here. If i just wanted to throw this all together using what i got right now than it would be just like any other races game. and when i make a game i try to make it different from other games and as good as possible.

Heres something i forgot to mention earlier
Modellers when making buildings use these themes.(use these models as a reference when making the buildings
humans-barracks
High elves- Have all buildings
Blood Elf-no prefence
Draenei- use custom buildings in my draenei tech tree
ancients-ancient of war
orcs-original orc buildings
Trolls-troll hut
Tauren-no preference
Goblin-pocket factory
Naga- Shrine of ashara
Gnolls- gnoll hut(i think the person that made the other one is working on the rest so dont worry about gnolls for now
Mur'gul-Murloc hut or goblin merchant.
Fel orc- pig farm

I need a bit of help that would take you only about 10 miutes but would greatly be appreciated. i personally like the other high elf pack better but i cant dl it properly when i dl it it all dl s as one big file instead of having each building seperate. so i cant get it to work. Would you be able to dl it into a map and post it here so that i can export the info. also i cant get the ellek knight to work could you add that in to so that i can use that model. it wont take you long and would greatly be appreciated. thx

Anyways thank you guys for the posts i appreciate the feed back. Keep posting plz

I just finished the other tech trees here they are
The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Last edited:
Level 23
... but the blood elves were the high elves, just a changed name.
Also, the draenei mage I had was in the image of the WoW draenei. Not the broken. :/ It was a reskin of the eredar. :p And it looked awesome. =3 But... the album I had the pics in were deleted >_>

Level 15
oh ya i forgot about that. oh well i guess ill change the high elves to wood elves or something like that. their buildings look like they would suit the wood elves. are you still going to make the draenei mage i would love to see it.

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.