• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fate of an Empire v0.13

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Fate of an Empire
The map is a roleplaying-strategy game with a huge focus on the roleplaying and aesthetics. Your goal is to achieve religious, technological, political and war domination. You start off with a spirit who will mark the runes of fate, which is where your empire shall start. People will quickly gather to the runes and raise a meeting stone for the tribe; the reason, you name it. Through the ages you will discover new methods, technologies weapons, buildings and all kind things you can imagine. Play it now and adventure into the fate of an empire. Your empire.

Through the years your people will gather consciousness of a religion. It is up to you what religion you want your people to follow, or not to. But beware, others might dislike it, or even be a reason to get you involved in a war.

There is a total of seven ages to discover, all of them have unique time-set units, for maximum roleplaying experience.

The game is intended to be played with at least 4 players for maximum entertainment, but the more players the more fun!

Features:
-Religions each with unique heroes and special units
-Alliance/war system
-Name command
-Game speed (date) options
-Random spawn locations
-QWER-ASDF-ZXCV interface hotkeys
-Economy, with farms and factories
-Complete technology tree
-Time tracking calendar
-Current age unit updating system
-Custom armor/damage mechanics
-Fishing
-Catastrophes
-Veteran system

The game is always developing and for that I need feedback which is very welcome. Reporting bugs, giving advice, comments or suggestions are much appreciated.

THE GAME IS UNPROTECTED. YOU CAN EDIT IT AND DO WHATEVER WITH THE MAP.
Just be nice and don't edit the name author and reupload!
Models and Skins:
Mike
Forgotten_Warlord
olofmoleman
kaycei
Wandering Soul
Cavman
Hueter
Direfury
Daenar7

Other:
QuillQuickcard

Keywords:
age, empires, fate, empire, build, technology, research, ages, aoe, kingdom, religion.
Contents

Fate of an Empire v0.13 (Map)

Reviews
[2016-04-09] Rufus Moderation Note Note: here are a few things I was bathered with when I played it. Very slow gameplay. The units harvest way more resources than you can get rid of by upgrading things, which causes all upgrades to feel like...

M

[2016-04-09]
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
Note:
here are a few things I was bathered with when I played it.

Very slow gameplay.
The units harvest way more resources than you can get rid of by upgrading things, which causes all upgrades to feel like they are for free.
Very basic techtree containing upgrades that does nothing but unlock the techtree a little bit further. You might aswell have had one upgrade for the first four or five upgrades, as their only purpose was locking down another research.
Game speed options in the beginning of the map did not change much. only the time of day and the years count. It would be nice if this increased the research speed for example.
Research speed is very slow. I had to have four research huts in order to make the researches bearable.
The fishing spots were pretty horrible as they were just a blue square. You could change the model.
The terrain in general was not very nice. Only trees and a small amount of tile variation. I have to say that the overall layout of the map felt very natural. The continents felt genuine and did not have any clear structure wich I think was excellent.
I like the development of ages. It felt like age of mpires or empire earth with a simplified techtree.
I chose satanist as a religion, and got the satanist hero. He had a single standard blizzard spell that couldn't even be cast since his total mana was lower than the mana cost.
Why have the spirit build a mark, that only have one option to upgrade to? Couldn't he just have built that stone from the beginning? And why does it have such long creation time? There is no reason for it to have it.
I don't recommend having a changelog in the map loading screen, as for new players, they fon't know what has changed, and experienced players can just check the quest log or something. This is optinal though.

A few things need updating. Over all other things I mentioned, I think the general speed of the game must be increased, as it is very tiring just having to wait for upgrades to finish all the time.

Status set to Awaiting Update.

15:49, 5th Mar 2016
Ardenian: The map submission rules state maps uploaded to the map section have to be finished, there are no Beta maps allowed.
Please use the Map Development Forum in the mean-time.

Level 26
After trying this myself, I realized that more people are needed for a good review.

Here are a few things I noticed while playing on my own:
I don't recommend having a changelog in the map loading screen, as for new players, they fon't know what has changed, and experienced players can just check the quest log or something. This is optinal though.

Why have the spirit build a mark, that only have one option to upgrae to? Couldn't he just have built that stone from the beginning? And why does it have such long creation time? There is no reason for it to have.

I have a good feeling about this one... :)

Last edited:
Level 26
profilepic210991_9.gif
Rufus Moderation Note

storywritingart.gif
Note:
here are a few things I was bathered with when I played it.

Very slow gameplay.
The units harvest way more resources than you can get rid of by upgrading things, which causes all upgrades to feel like they are for free.
Very basic techtree containing upgrades that does nothing but unlock the techtree a little bit further. You might aswell have had one upgrade for the first four or five upgrades, as their only purpose was locking down another research.
Game speed options in the beginning of the map did not change much. only the time of day and the years count. It would be nice if this increased the research speed for example.
Research speed is very slow. I had to have four research huts in order to make the researches bearable.
The fishing spots were pretty horrible as they were just a blue square. You could change the model.
The terrain in general was not very nice. Only trees and a small amount of tile variation. I have to say that the overall layout of the map felt very natural. The continents felt genuine and did not have any clear structure wich I think was excellent.
I like the development of ages. It felt like age of mpires or empire earth with a simplified techtree.
I chose satanist as a religion, and got the satanist hero. He had a single standard blizzard spell that couldn't even be cast since his total mana was lower than the mana cost.
Why have the spirit build a mark, that only have one option to upgrade to? Couldn't he just have built that stone from the beginning? And why does it have such long creation time? There is no reason for it to have it.

A few things need updating. Over all other things I mentioned, I think the general speed of the game must be increased, as it is very tiring just having to wait for upgrades to finish all the time.

Status set to Awaiting Update.