• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fatal Errors in Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
View attachment Error.bmp

Have you seen this error when playing Warcraft 3 sometimes? Fatal errors seem to have an effect on many peoples computers and are quite common in more advanced maps like RPGs. There is a simple way to fix this error on some computers systems. Although, on some systems this fix has been told to give rise to another less frequent error. To fix this problem simply add a space and then -opengl to the end of the target section of your short cut to FrozenThrone.exe ( -opengl).

View attachment Solution.bmp

This should solve your problem but there are always exceptions. This fix also 'changes' some graphics, for example, the lighting is somewhat brighter and the text occasionally appears different but nothing bad has been found yet and these changes are worth it to remove such an annoying error. Since an error from this has not ever happened, there is always exeptions.
This may NOT fix your problem.

Level 19
I don't think this provides enough information to prevent critical errors.

Critical errors aren't always 'found' at the video cards, there is a large field of categories :
-> The game itself (blizzard game bugs)
-> Battle.net bugs
-> Video card bugs ( your 'tutorial' may fix up a few bugs)
-> Your router/firewall
-> ...

For a tutorial, it also would be way too short.

~- Heero

Level 4
i have experienced this.. it's because i am using warcraft-copy before from other computer, plus my hardware is sucks before till i change it with the new one and using ori cd, then fatal error didnt come again to my warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.