• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Fatal Error Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Hey there.

I was creating my project for several weeks now and I imported a model, which was with some error I think. Once model was imported, I made an unit and set the model to the imported one, then I put it in the field. Unit was a green square, so I shut down World Editor to reopen the map in order to see the unit. While map was loading in World Editor and the loading bar reached to load the last unit - World Editor turned itself off immediately. I tried to open the map through game, but it was shut down with Fatal Error window.

So the model actually cause Fatal Error and I cannot open it via World Edit nor the game itself.

Any ideas how to fix this? Maybe there is a way to remove that unit or model from the map?

Thank you,

Level 37
Check Warcraft III\Maps\Test for the last mmap that is tested with the editor's test map function.

When importing stuff, first import things, then save map. Only after that, assign imported stuff to objects. They will work right away without needing to close the map. If you have imported incorrectly, the model won't show up or a green box shows, and you can reimport.

Status
Not open for further replies.