• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fatal error HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
223510-albums6007-picture65378.jpg

this show when im about to finish playing my map how to fix this pls...pls...

does any one knows how to fix this,,,or no one in this community knows how to fix this,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 16
As Maker said there are a million reasons why a fatal error can occur within Warcraft 3. Memory leaks is one, although I doubt its the reason. Its a good idea to disable your triggers and re-run the map. If no fatals occur, the error is related to a trigger. Trial and erorr to find the faulty trigger.

Look at this (lots of information about causes of fatal errors):

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/fatal-error-226918/

Level 14
I once made the idiot mistake of:

If a unit enters a region & region = (regionexample1)
then move unit to region(regionexample2)

If a unit enters a region & region = (regionexample2)
then move unit to region(regionexample1)

It was terrible, and I couldn't figure it out! Took me a good 25 minutes to realize this was causing my fatal error.

It could be something along those lines.

Level 13
Just try to be very observant to what happens right before it crashes. and if you think it could be trigger related turn off certain ones you think it could be and test it 1 by 1 once you find what it is and if you cant fix it post it here. Thats the best thing you can do if you wanna keep your overall map private.

Level 7
actually i deleted one trigger that made may map crash, coz i made a trigger that if a unit pick an item it gives a player a gold and a lumber,,,and when i test it it made an fatal error so i deleted it and still it make an error. but the odd is the error only pops out only when the game is almost finish....
--------------------------
but before that trigger my map run smoothly and no error till finish,,,

Level 16
Your post is not very clear. I find it hrd to understand your point.

actually i deleted one trigger that made may map crash

How did u know this trigger causes errors?

and when i test it it made an fatal error so i deleted it and still it make an error

So it doesn't cause errors?

but the odd is the error only pops out only when the game is almost finish....

So I concluded, it only causes errors towards the end of the game? Please correct me if im wrong.

Also, please post your trigger that you think may be causing the error. We'll take a look and go from there. You could even post your map if your happy to do that.

Level 7
this map is playable and this map was i in my signature just open and DL it...

yes bcoz my map just run smoothly, and i finished it nothings wrong with that.
when i made a trigger{ w/c i dleted already} and then test run again my map give a fatal error before i finish the game.
then i delete this trigger and try again still the error pops up before the game end...[[before game ends means ->( only when i about to kill the 2nd to the last boss)]]
did you get what i mean...
[[my map triggers leaks but i cannot feel it the when im playing my map,so i dont blame my triggers for giving me the fatal error.]] ( not including the trigger that ive dleted)

Level 16
I understand now. If you only received errors after making that trigger, I'd say its a coincidence. I say that because you are still receiving errors after the trigger is deleated. So something else in your map is casuing errors to occur. You need to identify what exactly you do when the error occurs. You mentioned "before you attacked the 2nd last boss". So did you use a spell on him? Did you enter the boss room which fired a trigger. Did the first attack on him cause the error? Test your map again. I'll take a breif look when I get home from work.

Level 7
ok the 2nd to the last boss was the naga if you can try to play it mybe you will find the reason why its like that..but ive killed it before and i totally finish the game..the room is open and i dont use skill on that boss..maybe the aura that was being upgrade in to the shrine pls just have a look on my map and see what you can find..

Status
Not open for further replies.