• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Fast Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Anyone i need something important , can i entering value in object editor via trigger?????

ex :
i have spell mana burn, in the original spell, value of burned mana just can be real...

I want to enter value equal to inteligence the target...

So what i to do????or someone can give me a trigger...

Thank's :goblin_good_job:

Level 14
Create 2 spells.
The Mana Burn (for example)
and the edited version of Mana Burn (Mana Burn is an example)

So, whenever you want change the Original Mana Burn to he editted version of Mna Burn.
It's the smae thing.
And so if you want to edit it 1000 times while changing different values just create 1000 Edited Versions of Mana Burn.:xxd::xxd: (bad joke)

:goblin_good_job:

Level 28
Mana Burn is an easy spell to trigger yourself because it's an instant-cast ability.
If you base the spell on any other spell that can create a lightning-effect, it becomes something like this:
  • Mana Burn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mana Burn
    • Actions
      • Set TempDamage = ((Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 5.00)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Less than TempDamage
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempDamage = (Mana of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Mana of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - TempDamage)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing TempDamage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Universal
(Deals 5x Int damage/mana drain).

Basing this on Mana Burn itself isn't very nice because it has this floating text (which will just show "+0").
You can remove the floating text though, but it'd be easier to use, say, chain lightning as a base :).
And if you like the floating text, then that's easy to add as well (with triggers).

Other spells may not be as easy as this one (anything that takes a while, such as Storm Bolt, or Flame Strike, is significantly more difficult).

Level 3
Mana Burn is an easy spell to trigger yourself because it's an instant-cast ability.
If you base the spell on any other spell that can create a lightning-effect, it becomes something like this:
  • Mana Burn
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mana Burn
    • Actions
      • Set TempDamage = ((Real((Intelligence of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 5.00)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Less than TempDamage
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempDamage = (Mana of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        • Else - Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of (Target unit of ability being cast) to ((Mana of (Target unit of ability being cast)) - TempDamage)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing TempDamage damage of attack type Spells and damage type Universal
(Deals 5x Int damage/mana drain).

Basing this on Mana Burn itself isn't very nice because it has this floating text (which will just show "+0").
You can remove the floating text though, but it'd be easier to use, say, chain lightning as a base :).
And if you like the floating text, then that's easy to add as well (with triggers).

Other spells may not be as easy as this one (anything that takes a while, such as Storm Bolt, or Flame Strike, is significantly more difficult).

Okay, i've create it, and the trigger is work properly...
Can you hep me in this thread??
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/how-autocast-ability-via-trigger-229077/

Status
Not open for further replies.