• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Farming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
The map is like this. You are a farmer. When the game starts you get an item which lets you build a farmhouse. You must the plant plants (lol) to gain food. With food you get sheep who eat plants. You must compete against opponent farmers in a race for prestige. The goal is to be the last farm standing.

Abilities (so far):

-Plant - Plants a different type of plant depending on targeted terrain.
-Dig - Resets terrain to dirt.
-Grow - Grows to next level of flora (short grass,grass,crops. . .)
-Torch - Provides sight range
-Rustle - Rustles sheep (captures them)
-Build fence - Build a fence (horiszontal and vertical)

Some triggers from this map include:

• Plant
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Plant
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Terrain type at (Target point of ability being cast)) Equal to Village - Crops
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempPoint1 = (Target point of ability being cast)
          • Unit - Create 1 Wheat for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint1 facing Default building facing degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint1)
        • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Terrain type at (Target point of ability being cast)) Equal to Village - Thick Grass
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Shrub for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint1 facing Default building facing degrees
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Terrain type at (Target point of ability being cast)) Equal to Village - Dirt
                • Then - Actions
                  • Unit - Create 1 Cactus for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint1 facing Default building facing degrees
                • Else - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                      • (Terrain type at (Target point of ability being cast)) Equal to Village - Rough Dirt
                    • Then - Actions
                      • Unit - Create 1 Cactus for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint1 facing Default building facing degrees
                    • Else - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                          • (Terrain type at (Target point of ability being cast)) Equal to Village - Short Grass
                        • Then - Actions
                          • Unit - Create 1 Shrub for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint1 facing Default building facing degrees
                        • Else - Actions
                          • Unit - Set mana of (Triggering unit) to ((Mana of (Triggering unit)) + 50.00)
                          • Unit - Remove Plant from (Triggering unit)
                          • Unit - Add Plant to (Triggering unit)
                          • Game - Display to (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit)))) the text: You can't plant the...
Feed back and suggestions would be appreciated.

Level 36
You shouldn't do that with your if functions.

Do this:

• If - Conditions
  • (Terrain type at (Target point of ability being cast)) Equal to Village - Crops
  • Then - Actions
  • Unit - Create 1 Wheat for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint1 facing Default building facing degrees
  • Else - Actions
  • If - Conditions
  • (Terrain type at (Target point of ability being cast)) Equal to Village - Thick Grass
  • Then - Actions
  • Else - Actions
Or, better yet, use arrays and a formula.

Level 3
Its a great concept hawk although I dont understand the objective. Do we just compete to farm more. And if so is it along the lines of whoever builds faster/more wins? (What kind of strategy etc.. is involved) Other then that I would enjoy the map

Level 12
I like the idea...
I'm a bit scared it wont be too fun though.....
I think a decent goal is to just have the land as is and having the sheep as your attacking units...
Building things and planting things are all just a part of the defense/growth mechanism....

Level 7
By anychance have you played an RPG made by countryboy? I dled it the other day and the farming profession was virtually the same trigger.

Guess lots of people probably had the same thought though.

Level 24
Hurrah! I did something right!

I figured that it was more efficient because if it is the first If/Then/Else's then the function can stop running.
# Alkalon:

No i Have not played that game.

This was originally inspired my a Requiest form Hive User "Troubled Farmer" and I took away with it. This project is on hold pretty much permanatly so If any one wants to develop it further I can send them the map.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.