• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fantasy UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Last days i was searching for an good interface that would fit with my map. The only one i found was made for only use for a specifik campaign. so i decided to make my own one, now i would hear what the people think about it^^. It is made from resources of, HoMM3,Stronghold,Orc Ui, and diffrent single things. (the PICS are a little bit strached :( )

Level 25
Well, it does look very awesome. The images fit each other, and it's nicely put together (I especially like the way you made the time indicator frame, looks really neat).
But then again, it is CnP. If you plan to upload it to Hive, I'm not sure what you should expect. Since UIs take so god damn long to make, even when you make it from other images, the mods often have difficulties deciding whether they should be approved or not.
Some time ago a guy called MiniMage also made a UI by using other images, but as he had finished it, he contacted a 2D artist (crazyrussian in this case) to basically paint over the entire UI, making it somewhat freehand work. You could, if you intent to upload it, do the same, though it would most likely get approved even if you didn't.

Thx for compliment and hint. I will first wait for other reations and when the most are positiv i will decide if i try to upload it, if it gets not approved its ok too, people can pm me and if they have a good fitting project for the UI they will get it. I also made extra selectioncricles/healtbar and organize extra writing how you can see on pic 2. I think when i have time again i will upgrade the borders they are a bit messi a the moment cause i skin this since 2 days and want to be finish^^ (and sleep)

Level 3
Looks very well! I first i thought: Oh nice - then i saw your post writing that it comes from HOMM3 - oh? My favorite game of all times, and i didn't realized that it comes from there? Thats what i call good work :)

HoMM is pure awsomeness, never played a better strategygame the only one who was near it was stronghold crusader. Yeah the background village, the minimapborder and some little things are from that. actually im fighting with a bug , the tile nr 4 and the esc-menue border doesnt work as blp, they only work when i use them as tga. Very mysterious

I hope you can share it with us.
You have a good project what fits to the ui, and if its isn't one of the 10000 lamer Aos/X , you will get it^^

Level 28
Guys, I must say that the UI is fantastic, here is a pic if you guys can't see the images
2n00hhc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.