• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fantasy Life 1.31

Reactions: GamerGirl19
scaled.php
Fantasy Life by Diaster is a long time Warcraft III mod that enables players to live the life that they would have never imagined. Coupling creative gameplay and good humor and at the same time, the thrill of tactical cooperation to bring down the very mightiest of creatures, Fantasy Life offers players a whole new world.

Life your fantasy life.

In Fantasy Life, players are offered a stunning new way to play the game along with many other features such as:
  • 9 Different unique classes, each with it's own style of play and with a second tier class to advance to.
  • Plenty of hidden secrets and easter eggs left for players to discover for themselves.
  • Quests ranging from the small to that of those of epic proportions.
  • Random events which occur naturally, without player interaction, and events that can be triggered off by players themselves, unknowingly or intentionally.
  • A large land waiting to be explored and uncovered.
  • Plenty of different jobs to select from to earn revenue.
  • PvP and player interaction amongst each other.
  • Powerful bosses and dark terrors waiting to be brought down by valiant heroes.

And the list goes on...

scaled.php
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

As stated by the rules, only the original author of the map cn upload maps onto the Hive. But I have said and will say more times to come that I have had permission from the author of the map, Diaster, to upload onto the hive. If you do not believe me then I have taken a screenshot of the message that I sent to him on December 2010.

scaled.php

There you go.

Visit the website!

Keywords:
fantasy, life, fantasy life, diaster, arcisal
Contents

Fantasy Life 1.31 (Map)

Reviews
09:45, 26th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
Level 1
i have played old version of this map a long time a go. this creative map with fun concept of life. you can play 3 hours or more alone and still fun. thanks to disaster

Level 2
I have played this map whit 2 friends and its awsom we played it like 7 houres and its still fun
i think thats the best map where you can play your one life mutch better then life of a peasent or something
( sorry for my bad english)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Ok, I admit I have not played this map for 6-9 months odd now, however I will post on the problems I had with it back then incase they have not been fixed.

Late game bosses were rigged. Seperoth was beyond killable in any game that lasts a reasonable time (unless there was something I did not know which I am willing to admit as I never had games last long enough to get to him). Everything should be killable within 2 hours of play (not grinding for that time as well).

The king needs a rework, cause he starts of insanly strong early game but later on in the game his spawns are worth shit (bosses mince them without second consideration and players kill them by the AoE full). Further more, annoying people would snipe you for the crown by TKing you (killing you while allied) when at low HP meaning that even if you hostiled them, the units would go neutral and shortly be theirs which is not at all fair (you could have an army that would OH them at the time but it becomes neutral). If you die with the crown, ownership of the units should be retained but with a limited time to get the crown back (before they go to whoever owns the crown then) and during that time no income is earned (penalty for your failure). Ofcourse, giving the crown away (you dropping it manually or passing to another player) should hand over the units instantly. To top this off, income and troops should scale over time to a degree so that sending an army against a boss actually does something (when I tired, with tactics, the army was destroyed very quickly dealing minimal damage that was not worth their cost). The idea would be to make the king a more special job rather than something complety stupid. Taxing players should probably be done automatically (without them haveing the option to reject) but only on people who are allied to you and at a fixed unadjustable rate (5%-10% of their current gold for example). The tax the players bring in then gets a bonus added to make your total income. This income however is separate from normal gold (lumber? I do not think that is used) and represents the production of the kingdom, the gold you actually earn as king is a small fraction of the production of the kingdom (no ability to abuse purchasing power on selfish items). This would make kings who have a lot of enemies rather week encouraging them too keep peace between people.

Some jobs are too repetitive... I understand in real life that this can be the case (working at a fast food outlet for example) but you must remember that we, the players, are playing the map to have fun. It frankly is not too much fun moving between areas or attaking bolders to earn gold because someone has taken the jobs which earn more for less. All jobs should earn both gold and exp (to progress the game slightly faster). Jobs might also be suited for different play styles (where mage play is better at one than fighter play).

Level progression needs a work. As a mage I would always put all my points into int so I could OHKO most stuff but I often would end up dieing due to nearly no health. The end result was that all str physical heroes were the best cause they had great duribility and damage (near equal to that of the mage). Mixing stats is not all it may seem, as you end up being poor at everything rather than very poor at most things but good in one thing. I would personally imagine the game play being more suited to having HP, mana and such stats (as well as spells) improve as you level up (based on which job path you have choosen) while the stat points being reduced to a bonous (focusing on int will give you more energy and make some spells slighly better while str will make you tougher) so there is no real wrong choice a player can make.

The screen tinting for some of the bosses was extreemly annoying (especially if due to flaws mentioned above, there was no player able to kill him). It should eithor be removed (fade after boss intro) or fade to be more transparent if the boss lasts 1 minute or so so it is less obstructive.

You should also start everyone with shared vision (except maybe the king who only his hero might be visible) as that would start the games with a far more positive attitude. Currently, people who are lazy and people who want to fight do not share LoS and the result is everyone thinks that tey are enemies and the game often turns rather unbarable politically. With initiaal LoS (with ability to remove it), it may encourage people to work together more rather than play like a FFA.

If you need help, I am willing to give some advice or help with some problems.

Level 1
Awesome map very funny and long i play it with my friends but i got a single problem: the save/load system needs to get on board , anyways this map gets an 5/5 from me :p

Level 3
a save/load system would suck for this map because one man would just simply load his lvl 20 solo the whole king army and ruin the map.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Instead someone just finds *insert uber item* and solos the kings army anyway as they are made of paper apparently.

The simple solution would be to scale the king's army depending on the strongest opponent in the game. Thus people who load level 20s would be facing level 20 strength king soldiers even if up against someone new so would consider hostiling twice.

Level 1
I don't like this vercion, you MUST play the 1.24 vercion. IT'S EPIC!!! there are a lot of bosses and it's divided in chapters, when you kill a boss, you end a chapter, at the first night you fight whit Dracula, and all the classes are very balanced, play 1.24!! getting gold is more difficult but it's very cool in that way

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The bosses were poorly designed in the old version so if anything it is good they are removed or changed. Such a long main story is prety stupid in a non save/load game.

They could however remain but be revamped. Basically a random boss from time to time and boss power depends on power at the time.

Level 22
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Has a quest menu
- Good terrain

Negative features:

- No items as it seems
- No units to buy like LOAP maps
- You could add some sort of leaderboard / multiboard

Additional Information / Conclusion:

Quite a good map, has room for improvement.

Rating: 3.5/5
Vote for:
Approved

Level 2
i played once a king - mage killed my whole upgraded army with 2 spells, running arround coz he is so fast i cant touch him. cant force anyone to pay taxes, because i have no power as a king. cant kill boss either. cant get job as king, so no income too. in the end other players said that they will pay me taxes, because im so poor without their help: is it how you imagine being a king?
i always though king is the guy who protects his citizens for taxes, protect them from bandits, other kings, armies etc. in this map he is just another. i dont really see any point to play this map: its not rpg with save/load, there is no pvp, there is no fun. i would like to see version without this gay japanese crap ruining game atmosphere. still that map has some great potential for me. for now i give you 4/5 because i hope you will balance it, make king a King, balance mages against armies, add save/load. if it was rpg with fights for crown and power i think it would be the one of th greatest maps

Level 1
ya theres some thing wrong with muetwo when i went to battle him alone he never died after awhile like he normaly dose and when i went in his area the gate never opened to the battle area can some one fix that im sick of all my guys dieing caise the storm wont go away

Level 3
i played once a king - mage killed my whole upgraded army with 2 spells, running arround coz he is so fast i cant touch him. cant force anyone to pay taxes, because i have no power as a king. cant kill boss either. cant get job as king, so no income too. in the end other players said that they will pay me taxes, because im so poor without their help: is it how you imagine being a king?
i always though king is the guy who protects his citizens for taxes, protect them from bandits, other kings, armies etc. in this map he is just another. i dont really see any point to play this map: its not rpg with save/load, there is no pvp, there is no fun. i would like to see version without this gay japanese crap ruining game atmosphere. still that map has some great potential for me. for now i give you 4/5 because i hope you will balance it, make king a King, balance mages against armies, add save/load. if it was rpg with fights for crown and power i think it would be the one of th greatest maps

U don't understand the plot of this map my friend.If you go team 2(king) , then you can choose(properly) if you are an evil/good king.

Good kings:ogre_haosis:
-low taxes
-care for players
-barely arrest
This is the noob's choice(no offence) , everyone will enjoy staying and farming along you and your army , and just when you hav low hp , a gay stabs ur back and steals ur crown(Arthas-like irony):vw_sad:.However most of the players that like you won't try to confront the kingdom.

Evil kings:ogre_datass:
-huge taxes
-no care for players
-arrest at the minnor things
This is the pro's choice , everyone will run away in fear when you go past near then.However , you're players will always dream to beat ur ass:ogre_frown:.That's why you must learn how to defend and your hero must be ALWAYS grown.

As I understand your situation , you've been a good king(low taxes) yet a gay (the mage) tried to stab you."How can he beat my army?"Easy friend , mostly you faced a black mage with all the AOE spells and a dirty staff.If he did beat all your army , what about your hero?Oh..you didn't farmed your hero to save money for the army...FAILURE.

As a king , your army is usefull only at the begaining.And the begaining should be verry restricted for players(you can even tell them to not leave the city).Then , your hero must be full-grown.You have dozens of money , meaning that you can buy almost everything.

"in the end other players said that they will pay me taxes, because im so poor without their help: is it how you imagine being a king? "

You've been a good king with bad players.If I were you , after I got the money I would've arrest each one of their asses.You were wrong when you let your players go on without paying.That's ilegal

About the japan shit ...well the creator combined diffrent games and cultures into this game(ex:Legend of Zelda).That's his style :D

Level 5
I really liked this map. I play this map with my friend for hours. But there are some bugs. for example: When you try steal gold or exp(of course with thief skillset) you can't share your vision with your friend or when you make enemy, if you try write -ally all, you can't still share vision. It's bad side of this map.

Level 1
Awesome Game

But I have a problem. Where is the thief trainer?:vw_wtf: I'm level 7 and I want to be a ninja but I can't because I'm still not a thief. I spent all my time finding the thief trainer.:vw_death:

Level 3
My friends and I love playing this game. however there are some things that could be better we think.

1. Officers should be able to arrest people even if they are not enemies! its a pain in the ass that you have to type the ally green, then his unit hits mine and I have to do it again. The scenario was that it proved really hard to capture even if he surrendered, so most of the time he just died instead.

2. The things to do as a king/queen is limited. after 1 hour of playing we find it most boring to be king unfortunately. we do however come up with random shit such as before you leave town you have to write to the king for permission. and within the night all must have a house. all such random funny things. but even though we are creative (if you can call it that) we still think there should be more triggers for the king to use. As king you should be able to toy with players. boring king = boring game.

2. Even out the jobs ! We love the fact that some jobs are night shift and such. but some jobs like the lumber man is way to overpower and ruins the game with inflation.

3. The tax system should be in % of the players gold. atm the highest tax is 99 pr. minute which makes the city mad and revolt.

4. Mercenaries should be better. they cant even fight off the small bandits.

5. Bigger selection of units for the king. the start ones become very weak and makes the king to vulnerable. add some "Elite" units or something to strengthen the selection.

6. Armor are way to weak and cheap. make them stronger so the first bow (example) cost what the best one does now. making then stronger isn't necessary but adding more expensive equipment gives people a goal.

Level 1
Very Buggy

Okay..... from the older version to this version I do have to say I been finding a lot of bugs....

-Teleports... I know the teleport to fight the green dragon for the triforce of wisdom is bugged, won't let you teleport to the ledge to fight.... The arena teleport is also bugged, won't let you in, (or leave the area for the matter)

As stated in other posts from others, There should be a way for the king or queen to get stronger units, while you are away from castle someone can just walk on in and take throne without very much resistance.

Level 1
i found a few bugs. like the blacksmith job stops at the heated iron part. even when i use the job skill and my char. is hitting it several times. nothing happens i found a few other bugs but i dont exactly remember what anymore.

anyone else the same here?

Level 2
I found 1 where the apothecary job does not work with the green herbs and sometimes my character will just disappear for no reason but only in multiplayer. Is this mape still being worked on and if not any maps similar that are?

Last edited: