1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Fantasy builder

Discussion in 'Idea Factory' started by manmordor, Feb 17, 2010.

1. manmordor

manmordor

Resources:
    Resources:
    well i got this idea while working so here it is.

Fantasy Builder

Map Type: Builder
    Map Objektive:Destroy your enemies

Description:In this builder you will be able to choose a Race and then a civilization type for example:If i choose Humans i could be the Arians a faction which is specialized in attacking with magic, Korinda a defensive faction which units have more defence then the others or the Valeron an architektur faction which buildings and siege weapons have more damage and life

Of course there will be other civilizations and races my goal is to get 20 races and for each race 6 civilizations so im going to need ideas from you guys:thumbs_up:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  2. manmordor

manmordor

Resources:
    Resources:
    *reserved for screenshots and etc.*

3. Maximilianx

Maximilianx

Resources:
    Resources:
    For starters, I have no idea what the goal of this game is or how it's played. Also, that blue text is awful on the eyes.. and lastly, "Arians" ..seriously? This is strikingly similar to "Aryans" and you might want to come up with a new name for that race haha. Nobody wants to play as nazis.

4. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I really don't get how this would be played (as Maximilianx) would you build an army of whatever the faction has some kind of special knowledge in or what? (more information please)
    With the information you've given so far it kinda sounds like a melee map with loads of diffrent races and factions.

@Max
    All "aryans" aren't nazis.. nazis we're aryans that put "the aryan race" above all other "races" of humans.. I don't see all men/women that are blond, blue eyed and have lightly colored skin run around saying that everyone that isn't "aryan" should die or whatever..

5. Maximilianx

Maximilianx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know that, I'm technically Aryan, but I wouldn't call me that. Aryanism is a nazi belief and it just doesn't seem appropriate to use something so similar in a game, in my opinion.

6. Blaxor

Blaxor

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Technically I'm also "Aryan" besides having green eyes, and you make a good point about it not being appropriate since many could be offended even tho it was never the point (better be safe than sorry)

Well how about some clarification of how the gameplay would be manmordor?

7. Goffterdom

Goffterdom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Godwin point reached!

8. Levdragon

Levdragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok before I comment on the map nazi's weren't aryans actually quite ironicly the majority of the german high command had black hair and even their leader had black hair. I like your idea of a builder especially with factions but 20 races? I think you should stick to the basic races then expand with later versions. Also add a very indepth diplomacy system. A major thing lacking in maps is diplomacy and games where you just charge your army in and wipe out an entire civilization bores me. Also please don't use gold mines ;P. Your idea is good and I'd definatly recommend you working on it.