• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fallout 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Actually... I retake what I said about Fallout 3. It certainly isn't Oblivion with guns (infact, it's MUCH more!)... but it's very short. It's basically like Oblivion in the sense of how much gameplay actually exists. There aren't all too many sidequests, and the main quest is short and ends your game permanently.

The fact you could end quests in different ways is awesome, and is probably one of the biggest things that stands Fallout 3 apart from Oblivion (discounting the setting).

However, there isn't much to do aside from the main quest, and once you do them all, the game sort of... gets old. Similar to Grand Theft Auto, you end up having to find your own way to have fun.

The main quest itself is unique, but doesn't feel grand or epic. In some quests, you even feel as if your just tagging along for the ride, as if the story revolves around everyone except you, which, obviously, isn't fun.

Graphics are ok, but still pale in comparison to the Unreal3Engine and the Crytek 2 Engine.

All in all, unless your a fan of Oblivion, get this. If your a fan of more traditional and in-depth roleplaying, get a BioWare game, like Mass Effect or Knights of the Old Republic.

Level 9
It's a good game. I've only recently started playing it (christmas present) and so far its pretty good. May take a while for those of you who didn't play oblivion to understand the control scheam but its good fun once you do. Probably my favorite part so far was going through one of the train tunnels. They were no enemies here but going through it was interesting. I didn't really ever pay attention to traps in oblivion because they were easy to evade but a few traps in here surprised me and they actually do substantial damage. Anyways its a good game so far. The one thing I don't like so much is the fact that the game ends once you finish the final quest. Not cool!

I'll have to go with a 8-8.5/10

P.S to you who posted this thread. Watch your posting. You double and triple posted. Don't get in trouble for this in the future. You have been warned.

Level 4
P.S to you who posted this thread. Watch your posting. You double and triple posted. Don't get in trouble for this in the future. You have been warned.

actually I didn't...I was replying to somebody...but this "somebody" deleted his posts and now it looks like I posted two to 3 times straight.:gg:

Level 15
I actually started getting back into the game due to the following:

G.E.C.K. has been released, as well as Fallout Script Extender, which means:
I can go bullettime (the mod has been released).
I can sprint (released).
I can summon enclave soldiers via Vertibird or call in Vertibird airstrike/misslestrike/bombing run (released).

Fallout 3 just reached a new level of OMGWTFBBQ awesomeness.

Level 8
I'll basically sum it up.

Fallout 3 > Oblivion
Original Fallout 1&2 > Fallout 3

Don't get me wrong,
Fallout 3 is a amazing game, but if fails horribly as a Fallout game.
They removed so much from the original games that I fail to see it as a fallout game, but a cheap knock off. The Fallout series before this was defiantly more entertaining, though I have my occasional fun with Fallout 3.

Also, my tad bit on the Consoles vs PCs

PC > Console

Reason : The Consoles and the PC have been at it for decades, actually its more even than anything, But, PC's have more mod ability to them. PC versions can ALWAYS no matter WHAT Look better than console versions. With the fact we can tweak Ini, give High Res Textures, and ect. The ability to mod, makes the PC that much more powerful than the console.

AND for the man that said the Extra's weren't coming out for the PC, you heard wrong.
The PC and the Xbox 360 versions are the ONLY ones getting the Expansion mods, Bethesda defiantly screwed PS3 owners on this one. Also they admitted the PS3 version for Fallout 3 is less graphically intense than the other two versions.

Poor PS3 owners.
=]

Level 34
PC is obviously better than consoles, no need to point that out. That will always be true, but hardcore gamers are about the only ones still using PC. Not many people are willing to upgrade their rigs for the new games, and are much more happy to be able to play with friends on a big screen TV. Consoles are a far better average gamer system.

Level 8
PC is obviously better than consoles, no need to point that out. That will always be true, but hardcore gamers are about the only ones still using PC. Not many people are willing to upgrade their rigs for the new games, and are much more happy to be able to play with friends on a big screen TV. Consoles are a far better average gamer system.

I'm one of those people that love to upgrade my computer as much as possible.
Also, you should look into some of the new stuff, theres new Video Cables, I've hooked up my Computer to my Big Screen and played fallout before, The Textures looked horrible as the Originals are about 512x512 or a bit bigger. Imagine that on a 50 inch widescreen. Texture mods have helped a lot though, so don't worry.
=]

Level 34
I'm one of those people that love to upgrade my computer as much as possible.
Also, you should look into some of the new stuff, theres new Video Cables, I've hooked up my Computer to my Big Screen and played fallout before, The Textures looked horrible as the Originals are about 512x512 or a bit bigger. Imagine that on a 50 inch widescreen. Texture mods have helped a lot though, so don't worry.
=]

I can't tell if you're trying to show me where I was wrong, or just spouting random information that vaguely ties into what I was talking about.

And that isn't "new stuff". People have been using TVs for monitors for quite some time.

Level 8

I can't tell if you're trying to show me where I was wrong, or just spouting random information that vaguely ties into what I was talking about.

And that isn't "new stuff". People have been using TVs for monitors for quite some time.

I was basically spouting crap. xD
But, What you said, Eh, Sure, a Average gamer Mostly will probably use Consoles. =/
It saddens me, Owell, Computers shall always be better. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.