• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Fallout 3 MMORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
You can read on the website their goals for the game.. Basically they are all about "change", which isn't always good for the die-hard fans, such as myself. You can see screen-shots. The sad part i read was someone commenting on Bethesda's comment of game-time. 20 hours to beat the game, another 20 hours for quests.

The reason why it's so low is because of their ideas on being a dynamic game. Again, this goes with the change they figured they have/need? to make to keep the game fresh. So you can either play 1st person or 3rd person like the original.
Of course, even before i learned this info i was hoping they would allow that possibility but the more i think about it the more it sounds like a waste of game-space if i choose not to get a headache by playing in 1st person.

As for an MMORPG like the title states, i'm not one to know if that's the goal or wishful thinking. If you thik about it, the more logical way for Bethesda to go is with a single-player game and see how their new technology hits home with people and then, depending on the reaction, go into an MMORPG mode.

No matter the outcome people are going to flock to it. It's practically a secret treasure to PC gamers. Who doesn't like to fantasize about having the whole world to yourself, being an outlaw, doing whatever it is you want?
The new movie I Am Legend seems to be hitching the band-wagon after the success of 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later, with the plot of all three movies set to a few (one/hundreds/thousands) of humans in a world to themselves, plus the danger which lurks here and there.

As with most great games which stick in our mind, in must be the background music to the Fallout games that make it seem so real to the player. It's a fantasy of no conscience come true!

Status
Not open for further replies.