• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fairy

I made this one years back but it had some issues that I never bothered to fix until now. It was based on the heroes3 conflux sprite.

Edit: Added particles to attack anim
-Updated
-fixed foot thing.
Previews
Contents

Fairy (Model)

FairyNe (Model)

Reviews
ILH
ILH
Small and fascinating fairy models. Changes made. Works in-game. Approved!

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Holy shit what year is this?!

Could be really neat to see a Sprite version of her as well. :thumbs_up:
uhm, you mean when did I do this model? Could be 3 or 4 years ago. I get these urges to model or experiment with something from time to time. Sprite version could be interesting to do, i do like making variations. To be fair, its already halfway sprite since the pixie in homm3 is wearing a bikini i think.

Em!

Em!

Level 24
I thought it was much older. I remember like a 2004-2006 model of a fairy. And you are registered from 2004, I do recall seeing your name around in the Olden Days. :thumbs_up:
Yeah, I remember seeing your name around too. I do recall something about making a fairy before but I never released that, it sucked and I trashed it :D.

Fix the wings, so they don't appear to "blink." Make them flutter, so they are like the portrait, albeit faster.
Good demands, huzzah!
My aim back then was to make it fast like a hummingbirds, so this was by design and not an error. As I am uploading it, i´ll keep your demands in mind and see if it´s a popular opinion then fix.

I agree with Deolrin, whatta blast from the past. Nice little model.

If I were to critique, I wouldn't mind seeing some more fluidity in the animations, as well as perhaps some more particles (just floating around her wings or chest, so that they trail behind her when flying).
The "blast from the past" comment is cause of heroes3....I just realized that is what you both meant....but, but, heroes3 is timeless :´(

Particles I can do but fluidity, idk about that. I am an animator by hobby and can´t promise good results, I have no idea how I got this far into animating at all. I´m actually a carpenter that lost interest in carpentry and now I am an archeology student, there is absolutely no correlations :D.

Em!

Em!

Level 24
There are a few things that you need to fix:
  • Geosets need to disappear at the end of 'Decay Bone' animation.
  • You can still optimize the model by fixing the issues detected by Hive's Sanity Checker. You may try using the optimizer in MDLVis or Retera's Model Studio.
All geosets disappear at the end of decay bone animation already. Ctr click it "in magos" or zoom in if you are unsure. The gutz are from the sorceress mdl, you will probably see the same white´ish gunk there. If you are referring to something else, I don´t see it.
The current version is already optimized. Deleting key frames with the same´ish values causes geoset visibility issues, only half of those issues are easily fixable, the other half is a "wtf is happening" type of issue.

ILH

ILH

Model Reviewer
Level 25
All geosets disappear at the end of decay bone animation already. Ctr click it "in magos" or zoom in if you are unsure. The gutz are from the sorceress mdl, you will probably see the same white´ish gunk there. If you are referring to something else, I don´t see it.
The current version is already optimized. Deleting key frames with the same´ish values causes geoset visibility issues, only half of those issues are easily fixable, the other half is a "wtf is happening" type of issue.

I've checked again and unfortunately, they don't. The 'gutz' geoset does not have any keyframes inside the 'Decay Bone' animation.
1663409868946.png
1663409957136.png

Em!

Em!

Level 24
I've checked again and unfortunately, they don't. The 'gutz' geoset does not have any keyframes inside the 'Decay Bone' animation.
Ohh I was looking for non-gut related floaters, what a plot twist.
I believe I have fixed it although the hive viewer demands an additional line to even show the gut at start.