• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AoE Fairy Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I need the vision of enemy unit more than defence decrease. I made an enchanced flare spell with dark portal. Caster art is flare, target art is flare target, and it summons 2 dummy units with team glow as model, and 7 as scale, 1 red and 1 grey. They have Fairy Fire ability with .01 cast time. By the time the flare hits the ground they haven't effected all the units with fairy fire. My intention is to use it with a sniper hero so at night he can see further.

Level 11
Ooops, forgot about that part. Well, for that you will need triggering. But its MUI and its only GUI. So yep, its good enough.

Objects you need: A dummy AoE spell to give to the caster, a faerie fire spell which costs no mana, and has the effect you desire for the Faerie Fire which affects the units, and a dummy unit. Make sure to assign the Faerie Fire spell to the dummy unit and the AoEDummy to the original caster. :)

Trigger (note that x is the AoE of the dummy spell)

Event - An Unit Starts The Effect of an Ability
Condition - Ability Being Cast equal to AoESpell
Actions - Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within x of (Target point of ability being cast) matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Talon - Faerie Fire (Picked unit)

That is all and I assure you that its 100% multiinstance. It will work for more than one unit for the SAME PLAYER casting AT THE SAME TIME. That is because you didn't use any global variables. Cheers!

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.