• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fail-Annihilation 1.6

SirAaron aka Sharingan presents : Fail-Annihilation.

As a group of failzors you need to work together in order to defeat mighty Fail-Annihilators. This game is almost impossible to win in single player mode so please play with friends.
Features 3 Different modes.

Heavy Metal Tauren - Easy Mode, Tauren slowly shots projectiles dealing aoe damage. You can easily avoid them but they are fast.

Mighty Lich Mode - Medium Mode, Lich is casting flame strike around the map. Victory condition is same the same.

Experimental Heavy Spider Tank Mode - Hard Mode, Tank can shot 3 units at once. Its projectiles follow victim untill it is dead. This is where jump and shield are most effective.

Map Info :
Basicially it is a pretty lol game which i made in one hour because i was bored.I didnt find any leaks in triggers thought. Also maybe it doesnt look awesome or anything but its challenging and in single player almost impossible to win.
Version : 1.6

Powler - Anarchianbedlam
Nuclear Explosion - Will The Almighty
Cyclon Explosion - Suselishe
Tauren - Suselishe
Widgetizer - CHUNK
Memory Missile - Suselishe
Ice Flamestrike - Eusira
Jump System - Paladon
Argo - New Tileset
Game_Slave - Cliff Tileset

v1.0 :
-Game has been created.

v1.1 :
-Made some triggers shorter.
-New mode Mighty Lich
-Made mode names shorter
-New skill for errors.
-Changed Tauren event a bit.

v1.2 :
-changed the way lichlings spawn.
-improved terrain
-lowered hp of bosses by 10 000

v1.3 :
-improved Tauren a bit.
-new abllity for Errors.
-attached memory effect to golems for nice look.

v1.4 :
Balance Changes :
-Errors hp lowered to 400.
-Lich and Tank's hp lowered to 15 000.
-Increased Memory Fragment's hp to 600.
-Increased armor of error to 5. ( golem not memory!)
-Added new damaging skill for Memory Fragment ( but its a bit risky! )
-Lowered the time you can stay as memory fragment to 30 seconds

Other Stuff :
-Fixed small bug in Lich event which made Lichlings explode when Lich dies.
-Changed colour of memory missile and fragment.

v1.5 :
-Added system which removes non playing units from the game at start.
-Changed hotkey of psionic stomp to W
-Changed model of Shield.

Balance :
-Increased cooldown of Memory Transform to 30 seconds.
-Decreased hp of MF by 100.

v1.6 :
-New attack for Tauren.
-Some triggers are now shorter.
-Hopefully fixed defeat bug.

New version will hopefully bring new abilities and maybe new mode.

If you have noticed any bugs please report them to me.

Screenshot of new terrain :

lalt.jpg

Map is not protected.

Keywords:
fail, annihilation, minigame
Contents

Fail-Annihilation 1.6 (Map)

Reviews
23:27, 25th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved Comment
You'll still have to wait for a moderator to rate your map, however, here is what I thought of it:
Bad terrain (not very important in this map)
Hotkey's incorrect (only two abilities to hotkey, at least get them both right?!)
Tauren chieftain's projectiles are simply attacks with slow projectile speed and follow target enabled. This looks very bad because if the target moves to put another person in the way, the projectiles simple move through the 5 people that are in the way. This also means that it is impossible to dodge the projectiles, because they will ALWAYS follow you. It would be better to make it a shockwave spell with a very low cooldown and casting time, and trigger the tauren chieftain to cast this spell.
Also, there needs to be more abilities. Having only two abilities and no attack, one ability being a 5 second invulnerability and the other being a projectile spell, causes there to be little variability in playing.
It also seems that you did not even trigger a single ability.
You need to make the file name the same or at least similar to the name of the game...
I took a look at your triggers; they are not very good. Firstly, you barely made any triggering, and secondly, there are many ways to make the triggers that you do have much shorter. For example, you have triggers that do things individually to every single player in the game.
When you have a trigger that does the same thing to every player in the game based on the same events and conditions, you can simply do Pick all players in Player Group [All Players] and do action bla bla bla potato salad.
Btw, you're not supposed to upload maps like this on hive. First-time maps with no effort involved are supposed to be more developed before you put them on hiveworkshop. I suggest that you get to work on improving this map, or it may be removed.
My overal rating: 2/5. The 2 points that you are lucky to even recieve are due to the basic idea of your game being rather entertaining, even behind all of the flaws.

Edit: I now give your map a 3/5 (rounded up from a 5/10)

Last edited:
Level 6
potato salad.

Lol'd

Anyway the concept isnt half bad, its the gameplay and triggering that pulled you down. Not enough triggers (as said above), thus resulting in boring, normal spells and gets boring over time. Gameplay is lacking in so many factors, like there arent enough skills or events or just some other special unit that pops in every now and then.

Level 4
You'll still have to wait for a moderator to rate your map, however, here is what I thought of it:
Bad terrain (not very important in this map)
Hotkey's incorrect (only two abilities to hotkey, at least get them both right?!)
Tauren chieftain's projectiles are simply attacks with slow projectile speed and follow target enabled. This looks very bad because if the target moves to put another person in the way, the projectiles simple move through the 5 people that are in the way. This also means that it is impossible to dodge the projectiles, because they will ALWAYS follow you. It would be better to make it a shockwave spell with a very low cooldown and casting time, and trigger the tauren chieftain to cast this spell.
Also, there needs to be more abilities. Having only two abilities and no attack, one ability being a 5 second invulnerability and the other being a projectile spell, causes there to be little variability in playing.
It also seems that you did not even trigger a single ability.
You need to make the file name the same or at least similar to the name of the game...
I took a look at your triggers; they are not very good. Firstly, you barely made any triggering, and secondly, there are many ways to make the triggers that you do have much shorter. For example, you have triggers that do things individually to every single player in the game.
When you have a trigger that does the same thing to every player in the game based on the same events and conditions, you can simply do Pick all players in Player Group [All Players] and do action bla bla bla potato salad.
Btw, you're not supposed to upload maps like this on hive. First-time maps with no effort involved are supposed to be more developed before you put them on hiveworkshop. I suggest that you get to work on improving this map, or it may be removed.
My overal rating: 2/5. The 2 points that you are lucky to even recieve are due to the basic idea of your game being rather entertaining, even behind all of the flaws.

Yeah told i was bored so the triggers arent very awesome.
Back then about schockwave. I can do it i think pretty easily. About player groups yep i know but i was too lazy to do it... And btw. main idea of the map was to kill tauren/tank and evade missiles. Currently only way to evade them is running around.

In new version there will be more abilities thats for sure. Now i need to do my work and i will try to improve this map a bit later.

Level 4
The gameplay is lacking (not enough triggers and spells). I wasn't saying "awesome" terrain, a good terrain is enough. Also, use those BB Codes to improve your description: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode.

Why is this relevant to the topic in ANY way? DotA is only an average map.

Have you ever played on battle.net ? its full of tards which wont play any game except dota.

Level 31
Vote for REJECTION.
- Bad gameplay
- Bad description
- Bad terrain.
Rating: 1/5 REJECTION.

The wrost review I have ever seen in my opinion. Description is pretty much fine. If it has no colors so it don't attract you and only because of this you say it is bad? Or maybe you seriously in need of huge size of font and a variaty of colors? To understand text you must read it, not enjoy it as a rainbow.
Minigame do not require an excellent terrain and environment art.
Bad gameplay? Please expand this. If you say it is bad, tell what's exactly bad in order to help the uploader to fix it. Not enough that or other is clearly not enough, be more precise if you are willing to review at all.

Your two-minutes review is nothing but a downrate of a resource without a proper reason.

Level 4
The wrost review I have ever seen in my opinion. Description is pretty much fine. If it has no colors so it don't attract you and only because of this you say it is bad? Or maybe you seriously in need of huge size of font and a variaty of colors? To understand text you must read it, not enjoy it as a rainbow.
Minigame do not require an excellent terrain and environment art.
Bad gameplay? Please expand this. If you say it is bad, tell what's exactly bad in order to help the uploader to fix it. Not enough that or other is clearly not enough, be more precise if you are willing to review at all.

Your two-minutes review is nothing but a downrate of a resource without a proper reason.

I m glad that there are still smart people out here. Anyway i have changed terrain. So. I hope now people wont talk about how shitty it was.

Have you ever played on battle.net ? its full of tards which wont play any game except dota.

True true... +Rep :thumbs_up:

Well the game it self is not so bad at least it's original, but you could make a selection trigger for players to auto select their "errors" at the beginning and camera panning will do nicely to that. Terrain is fine for this type of game. Needs some more skills though. Overall 3/5 and vote for approval.

Last edited:
Awesome terrain in this map would be pretty bad because many objects would block your way to evade projectiles. However as i guess you started game and died in first minute or said that its shit because its not dota.

Terrain doesn't mean large solid objects such as trees or rocks. You could still mess around with terrain height: Raise/Lower and some variation with terrain tiles. You could also use objects like plants that you would still walk through.

Good job on the new terrain, it fits your game well.
Also, by shockwave I simply meant using shockwave as the basic ability, not actually changing what his projectile looked like to a shockwave. You could still use the frost wyrm missle, and have the shockwave casted 10 times a second to look the way that it had looked before. I simply meant use shockwave because then you could actually evade the missles, while, as an attack projectile set to follow the target, you could not evade them, you could simply run to prevent them from catching up to you.

Based on your changes, I would give this map a 5/10, which is better than what it was worth before. Your map has a good basic idea, but it still needs more work into the gameplay and triggering.

Also, with the triggering advise, I was telling you a way to SAVE time. Triggering using player groups rather than creating the action repeatedly for every person in the game not only reduces the file size and increases trigger efficiency but also saves you time when creating the triggers and makes them easier to organize.

After you put more effort into your map and create more abilities, improving the basic gameplay, your map will be very good.

Level 4
Terrain doesn't mean large solid objects such as trees or rocks. You could still mess around with terrain height: Raise/Lower and some variation with terrain tiles. You could also use objects like plants that you would still walk through.

Good job on the new terrain, it fits your game well.
Also, by shockwave I simply meant using shockwave as the basic ability, not actually changing what his projectile looked like to a shockwave. You could still use the frost wyrm missle, and have the shockwave casted 10 times a second to look the way that it had looked before. I simply meant use shockwave because then you could actually evade the missles, while, as an attack projectile set to follow the target, you could not evade them, you could simply run to prevent them from catching up to you.

Based on your changes, I would give this map a 5/10, which is better than what it was worth before. Your map has a good basic idea, but it still needs more work into the gameplay and triggering.

Also, with the triggering advise, I was telling you a way to SAVE time. Triggering using player groups rather than creating the action repeatedly for every person in the game not only reduces the file size and increases trigger efficiency but also saves you time when creating the triggers and makes them easier to organize.

After you put more effort into your map and create more abilities, improving the basic gameplay, your map will be very good.
I know what you meant by shockwave. But well i didnt have much time so i did this to make these 3 mods a bit different.

meatfactory
-thx for rep. I will need more error models in case of making such a selection.

Level 4
I will slowly improve it.
Why slowly ? because i have to learn german ....
Currently i m working on second damaging skill.

Edit. Version 1.4 ready to go.
I have played it with friend so i could see what needs to be changed.
So thats why there are a lot of balance changes.

In version 1.5 i will make it so non-playing errors will get removed when game starts.

Last edited:
Level 4
Yep i m working on improvements. Need to pass some tests this week but i will have time to make something better for it.
I know he sometimes flame strike himself but the damage it takes isnt really big. And it happens rarely so you know ;p.

Awesome terrain in this map would be pretty bad because many objects would block your way to evade projectiles. However as i guess you started game and died in first minute or said that its shit because its not dota.

you can make awesome terrain while maintaining the easy evasion... ^_^

anyway, bout what you said that you were bored so triggers arent awesome, if you're just bored I suggest not to upload the map until you overcome the boredom...
:goblin_boom:

Hey, dude, you need to chill out on the new versions. The changes you are making from one version to the next would take me only a minute or less to perform. To call the map v1.6 implies that it has .1 more content than your v1.5. Either make more changes before releasing versions or add another digit, such as 1.61. Otherwise you will end up with a v5.0 that is only about 20% more than the v1.0, and, really, your v1.0 was more of a v0.5, a work-in-progress, and the map is currently still not completed. Just keep that in mind when you name your versions.

Level 22
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Really good idea
- Has a quest menu
- Terrain is good

Negative features:

- Only 3 bosses
- Needs some sort of twist

Additional Information / Conclusion:

I like the idea very much, but you should make more bosses and add some sort of events to the game.

Rating: 3/5
Vote for:
Approved