• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FaiK - Far away in Kalimdor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Far away in Kalimdor

Well.
after having several Problems with my last project, because of a laptop that died slowly, i am wanted to start a new one, that is deffenetly on a higher level than everything i've done before.

This map will be an AOS, but don't worry, not a normal one ;).(It would be freaking bad to create another one of those)

And it also won't be to much like DotA.
It's all about the war between Alliance and Horde.

Right now i have like a 3way system, but i guess this will be a little to small, so i think i will add 2 more.
There will defenetly be no Nightelf or Scourge(Undead) Heroes or Units.

I also wan't to add an Arena system, so every 5-10 minutes, the whole team has to fight against the other one, the winner will be revarded with special items, exp or Money.

Right now i am working on the basics, like creating some heroes and working on the main stuff like Terrain, basic Triggers and Unitconcepts.

-Main Gameconcept: VampireofBlood

-Co Gameconcept:

-Main Terrainer: VampireofBlood

-Main Triggerer: krisserz

-Co Triggerer: VampireofBlood

-Spelldude: krisserz

Screens will be up soon :)
Hope you will get interested, so me and the team that hopefully will progress, will be able to create an awesome map :)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_010410_173046_01.tga
    3.5 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Level 6
Hey, i have thousands of maps with bunches of heroes i made, so i wonder do u need help with that map? I have 1 000 000 ideas and nowhere to spend them :)
For an Example:

Hero Class: Oracle
Hero Name: Destinya
Hero Attribute: Intelligence
Spells: Time Warp, Fortune Reversal, Predict Attack, Runes of Time

1. Time Warp causes terrain to deform, slowing opponents around hero and fastening allies.
2. Fortune Reversal is cast on single target. Target has decreased speed and armor, and the Oracle gets increased speed and armor.
3. Predict Attack is a simple evasion skill, also with a small % chance to avoid missing when the Oracle attacks.
4. Runes of Time is a spell like Faceless Void's ultimate from DotA. It freezes all enemy units on map (leaves allies unfrozen), but it also grants frozen unit's invulnearbility. Unfrozen units or Allies have increased movement speed to maximum while the effect lasts.

So, what u think? :D

I forgot to say that i also make incredible terrains :)
And im a good triggerer, good terrainer, etc... :)

Last edited:
Level 4
I'd love to help where i can, i'm better than most at terraining, however my triggering skills kinda suck. I can help with heroes or spell ideas if you'd like, unfortunatly you'd have to get someone else to make them, unless my brain suddenly decides to understand GUI.

Level 4
Yeah, i'll help with those, since those are my areas of "expertise." I've only begun to venture into advanced triggering, and let me tell you, it's difficult. I have many ideas however, and i would be glad to share them. Eg.

Hero: Sorceress
Name: Adelena Thelas
Prim. Attribute: Intelegence
Skills: (Havn't thought this far :p)

Yeah, i'll help with those, since those are my areas of "expertise." I've only begun to venture into advanced triggering, and let me tell you, it's difficult. I have many ideas however, and i would be glad to share them. Eg.

Hero: Sorceress
Name: Adelena Thelas
Prim. Attribute: Intelegence
Skills: (Havn't thought this far :p)

I know that it's difficult, because i am allready working with it ;)
So i will sing you in under Ideaconcept and Triggerin :)

Level 4
Yeah, but you kind of want a basic one, and if you want it like DOTA *shudders* you're probably going to want a backstory for the heroes you can play as, which i can easily do.

Level 3
Mind if I join as a triggerer?

Edit: About that Alliance vs Horde... Will it be like WoW Battlegrounds?

Level 6
So... are the roles in this already taken? I know to do good triggers, have lots of ideas, im a good terrainer, i work fast and hard... I really wanna take part in this project, so... Tell mi via private message is here a place for me.

Level 6
Here is another hero: (as i think the parts in this map are already taken:(((
Hero Class: Crackrock
Hero Name: Stonehenge
Hero Attribute: Strength
(Model: Rocky hero, like Roshan from DotA)
Spells: Stone Surge, Crackling Stomp, Sturdy Stone, Damage Throw.

1. Stone Surge
The Crackrock surges forward in a rampage, moving 500 range towards the target, dealing damage to, stunning and crushing any enemy unit that gets too close.

2. Crackling Stomp
Crushes the earth beyond the Crackrock, dealing massive damage to nearby enemy units and splashing slowing mud at them.

3. Sturdy Stone
Passively increases armor and hit points regeneration of the hero. Hero gains an ability to throw a small rock on an attack, dealing bonus damage and stunning the target.

4. Damage Throw
The Crackrock fetches one of his stones from his body, dealing some damage to him, but throwing a massive rock at the target, which shatters into smaller rocks when it reaches the target.

So, can i have a place in your map? I can do all the triggers i wrote here, and it wont be a problem for me. And i can write descriptions about heroes, spells, etc, and here is an example of one good text spell:

Shannequa drains the essences from the earth beneath her and emits then in the air, creating a huge powerful fire orb that reveals area up to 3000 range from the caster. Lasts for _ seconds.

So, what you think? :)

Level 10
I wonder if my own terrain skills are up for it, I'm a terrain enthusiast. Decent but not great.
helmsdeep.jpg

Heres a sample. PM if you want me.

Hmm, I can terrain, code in
{
GUI, JASS, basics in vJASS and cJASS (abilities too)
}
, cook pizza, make tosts and other useful things like that ;]

well we need 10 pizzas tons of toasts and a dustbinman.
But furthermore id love to have an experienced spelldude and triggerer with me :)
Terrain will be done by me, but if you want you can help with that also.
Just pm me if you want to join then i will send you the current status map^^

Level 6
Please, don't make it stun, immobilise or whatever based. Try to do as few stuns as it's possible. I was trying to make my own aos some time ago, Desert vs Jungle, was nameless and stood like this for these days. Got a few nicely triggered heroes, which I am unsure they will fit yours, is it mixed with jungle or desert as well? Could suggest few heroes.

@Skycex
This hero would of fit Dota (Stunota) pretty well... Voting for non-stun based games.

Status
Not open for further replies.