• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World of Warcraft RPG in Warcraft 3

Level 6
Hello, I've been brainstorming some ideas about making a World of Warcraft RPG for Reforged. Basically making an open world with quests, sub-areas and ultimately one main storyline. My suggestion would be to make side content a big part of the game. A bit like in the Elder scrolls series as there is one main quest-line and rest of the game is filled with interesting optional stories and missions.

What I plan:
• An Open world
• Lots of Side content
• Warcraft 3 / World of Warcraft classic timeline

Planned Features:
• Talent Tree
• Professions (Herbalism, Mining, Skinning ect..)
• Crafting (Potions, armor, Food)
• Immersive Dialogs (Walking close to someone will trigger them talking to you ect..)
• Sleeping system (Sleeping gives buffs)
• Walk into houses

What I need:
• People to do: Terrain, triggering and more
• Someone with modeling knowledge

It's quite an ambitious project but I believe with good communication and teamwork it could be possible. Message me here or add me on discord if you're interested. Have a good day!

Update: With the help of @FanFictionGaming We've started the early process, At the moment we're doing terraining and some triggers. We're still looking for people that would be interested, Anything of your profession will be useful to us :D

Last edited:
Level 22
...A quite ambitious project, I agree with that term!
Well, good luck anyway - I hope that you'll create what you want to see, but I have a question - how big do you imagine your map?
Because there're already exist Warcraft 3 WoW adaptations, and most of them use different maps just to display single location. Or you want to try to build world map like RISK-like games, making all zones simply as possible...

So, what path do you have choosen?
Looking forward to play it when it will be released, even in first playable beta version.

Level 6
...A quite ambitious project, I agree with that term!
Well, good luck anyway - I hope that you'll create what you want to see, but I have a question - how big do you imagine your map?
Because there're already exist Warcraft 3 WoW adaptations, and most of them use different maps just to display single location. Or you want to try to build world map like RISK-like games, making all zones simply as possible...

So, what path do you have choosen?
Looking forward to play it when it will be released, even in first playable beta version.
I was thinking a "Founding of Durotar" style so yeah.. different maps. Then houses and what not will be different sections of the same map if you catch my meaning.

And yes I hope I can get enough people to be able to create a first playable beta version :)

Level 2
Hello, I've been brainstorming some ideas about making a World of Warcraft RPG for Reforged. Basically making an open world with quests, sub-areas and ultimately one main storyline. My suggestion would be to make side content a big part of the game. A bit like in the Elder scrolls series as there is one main quest-line and rest of the game is filled with interesting optional stories and missions.

What I plan:
• An Open world
• Lots of Side content
• Warcraft 3 / World of Warcraft classic timeline

Planned Features:
• Talent Tree
• Professions (Herbalism, Mining, Skinning ect..)
• Crafting (Potions, armor, Food)
• Immersive Dialogs (Walking close to someone will trigger them talking to you ect..)
• Sleeping system (Sleeping gives buffs)
• Walk into houses

What I need:
• People to do: Terrain, triggering and more
• Someone with modeling knowledge

It's quite an ambitious project but I believe with good communication and teamwork it could be possible. Message me here or add me on discord if you're interested. Have a good day!
Sounds Good, but i think u need to add something diferent from wow, something that makes the idea original and stant up on his own

Level 2
I would like to have incorporated the building mechanics of WC3 on a MMORPG sounds good u know? also the hability of leading armies and so on
I am just giving ideas, i dont know if this is possible or maybe i am just drunk XDDDDDD