• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Fable 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Best game ever? Well one of the best anyways. To anyone who here who has played it at the part where you go to the spire, the cinematic, it's like 30 seconds long. However it took 2 weeks to render on their computers. That's some dedication. Although i feel that the sprites used in the game were very poor, the scenery on the other hand was really good. In any event keep it up.

Level 13
Wanted to play it, Blockbuster was out though. So I went home and played Fable 1, and just started attacking guards in the hero's guild for 9 hours untill I got to Legendary Renown, and did the Ice troll quest. Good times.

Level 5
ahh ok the ending is slightly stupid in my opinion but what ever, in this Fable it has also been SUPER hard for me to get rid of being evil, not matter what i do it seems to just keep coming back. Although im sure the x98 murder, x22 Vandalism,x6 theft(totally worth the achievement) didnt work but still!

Level 13
Just rented it, a good chink into it already. And it's meh. Nothing wowing me at all. Guns are fun though.

Level 36
Yeah, I beat it last night. It's passable, but in most ways it is inferior to the original. There's less variety in just about everything, but the game's longer. You can own businesses now, but you have to do stupid mini games to get money, since quests only give Renown. Even killing mobs doesn't give you any gold now.

Legendary weapons are all about nonexistent. Due to the era in which the game is set in, armor no longer exists.

Augments suck, there are less than a dozen tattoos in the game. The plot is in many ways similar to the first one, except less awesome, obviously.

It's not bad, but it's not really great either. I would have liked the game better if they didn't try and push with the 500 years later Enlightenment-Era-Setting crap.

Level 34
Yeah, I beat it last night. It's passable, but in most ways it is inferior to the original. There's less variety in just about everything, but the game's longer. You can own businesses now, but you have to do stupid mini games to get money, since quests only give Renown. Even killing mobs doesn't give you any gold now.
I agree that it's inferior to the original; if you mean when the original came out. The fighting in Fable 2 is just better, although Magic is arguable. Melee now is very well made, although the opponent AI is poor. The jobs are actually kind of cool, although I agree that they shouldn't be the only good way to make money. Working for the assassins guild, or the guards should rank up just like normal jobs. And you can get an augment to get gold from creeps.

Legendary weapons are all about nonexistent. Due to the era in which the game is set in, armor no longer exists.
I'm on the fence with the new clothes system. The dye idea was really nice, not original or anything, but a good addition. The lack of armor rating is lame, but the last game was even more lame with no variation in end game characters. They did look a hell of a lot cooler though.

Augments suck, there are less than a dozen tattoos in the game. The plot is in many ways similar to the first one, except less awesome, obviously.
Agreed, yes, and agreed. Although the last one's story could have been better. Did they hire a novelist to write the game? Big name writers should write for games more often.

It's not bad, but it's not really great either. I would have liked the game better if they didn't try and push with the 500 years later Enlightenment-Era-Setting crap.
I liked it actually, it's different. The clothes were pretty ugly though.

The game tired to do too much, and in the end it just killed itself. The whole social system was terraible, and it felt abusive. They should have made people take far longer to sway from liking you to hating you, and they shouldn't have focused on the different actions to just spam at people, but have had a few as a giggle bonus like the last one. Instead, what you do in the plot should have more effect, and your general habits, like stealing or helping people.

All in all it's medicore, I would rent the game, get your week out of it, and only pay $5. I wish I had spent my money on something like Gears 2 instead of being impatient.

Level 13
I just beat it, and I have to say all up until the LAST thing you do, it was fairly awesome. Loved the childhood dream part. But with no epic boss battle like I had hoped.... bleh.

Also, was wondering, Theresa, the blind woman that guides you, that's not THE Theresa from the first, is it? Also, I'm not sure but I believe she's voiced by Sara Kestelman, who also did Kreia from KOTOR 2.

Level 5
I just beat it, and I have to say all up until the LAST thing you do, it was fairly awesome. Loved the childhood dream part. But with no epic boss battle like I had hoped.... bleh.

I agree, i was expecting a huge ass boss battle, then wow! you shoot him WTF? I think some more thought could have probably gone into that. Also the game seemed kind of short in my opinion. I wish it was more like Tales of Symphonia length, and yes add armor. That in my opinion would have made the game a lot better. Not saying its a bad game though.

Level 36

Also, was wondering, Theresa, the blind woman that guides you, that's not THE Theresa from the first, is it? Also, I'm not sure but I believe she's voiced by Sara Kestelman, who also did Kreia from KOTOR 2.

No she's not. If you've ever seen the first Harry Potter movie, it's the woman that plays Madam Hooch. I thought it was Kreia too, but it's not.

Also, it is heavily implied that Theresa is your sister from the first one, but who can know for sure.

Level 36
Essentially. The thing I hate about this one, especially over the first, is that you can't autotarget anymore.

Well, you can, but it sucks. In Fable 1, you'd left trigger and then you lock on the nearest person. Now the downside was that if it was a villager, you'd automatically go into combat mode and they'd probably run away. The upside was that to get their attention, all you had to do was go up to them and press A.

Also, will doesn't exist anymore. You can use your spells as much as you like, but they're nowhere near as powerful as they used to be.

Combat does flow well, and most of the time it's at least mildly challenging. Still, nowhere near the first one.

Level 34
Essentially. The thing I hate about this one, especially over the first, is that you can't autotarget anymore.

Well, you can, but it sucks. In Fable 1, you'd left trigger and then you lock on the nearest person. Now the downside was that if it was a villager, you'd automatically go into combat mode and they'd probably run away. The upside was that to get their attention, all you had to do was go up to them and press A.

Also, will doesn't exist anymore. You can use your spells as much as you like, but they're nowhere near as powerful as they used to be.

Combat does flow well, and most of the time it's at least mildly challenging. Still, nowhere near the first one.
I also hated how you can't punch. The fist fighting arena was one of the most fun parts of the previous game.

Pretty sure you can lock on in this one brad. Isn't it left trigger? It makes you see what neutral targets think of you, and it locks on to enemies.

As well, the spell system on the old one was flawed. You could spam spells and win easily. The dash move made you invincible, and the eruption one was a win button. I beat the last boss without taking damage.

Level 13
Yeah, you can lock on with left trigger, however there's no aura or target that lets you know WHAT you locked onto, and if you don't attack for 15 seconds, you lose the lock on even if you're still holding the trigger.

Level 36
Yeah, but with villagers left trigger will get you on to their likes and dislikes and shit. Stuff I don't care about when I'm trying to perform an action for them or something.

Another problem is targeting your dog. It's so frustrating. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to actually target it besides the game randomly deciding that you're trying to do something with it.

Like if I'm trying to heal my dog or teach it a new skill, it takes forever running around in circles until the game figures out that I'm trying to target it.

Level 34
You stand still to target your dog. It's the most awkward targeting system, but it works somewhat.

Level 34
Sorry brad, you can't target yourself, ask yourself back to your place, and proceed to double hand it.

If you mean to use potions, you don't stand still for too long.

Level 13
I chose to save my dog and my family, but does that mean Rose came back too? Right after I was kicked out of the spire, I got a letter from her, did someone who chose a different option still get that?

Level 34
I saved the people that died in the making of the spire. It's lame, they just make a statue of you, and praise you wherever you go. More annoying than anything.

Level 24
I saved the people that died in the making of the spire. It's lame, they just make a statue of you, and praise you wherever you go. More annoying than anything.
Well if you choose wealth and buy the castle theres a dungeon underneath the castle where you can get a sex-change potion.

Yeah, haven't got all the bits yet, stupid bandits, there are a ton of them.
It leads to a bandit boss you gotta kill (who got some spells) + a few bandits.

Level 34
She's just annoying. Oh, that reminds of another problem with the game. There's only one fucking save slot! I hate doing the beginning of the game over again, not only is it boring, but you can't skip scenes. Bleh.

In the old Fable, I had a saved slot that was right at the point when you actually got to go and start doing quests. When I wanted to make a new character, I just loaded from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.