• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eye of the Storm

Simple icon I made at work while bored. No external material used for once, just some brushes and elbow grease. 💪

Use it for whatever, should be pretty versatile.

214711-9cda32d053494abc80f9645a6890f433.png
Previews
Contents

Eye of the Storm version 1 (Icon)

Eye of the Storm version 2 (Icon)

Eye of the Storm version 3 (Icon)

Reviews
Update 1:
- Added several layers of additional cloud in the center to give the art more depth.
- Some big changes to lighting, contrast and over all sharpness.

1646134753939.png1646134830307.png

Note: Personally I'm kind of on the fence about it and think I prefer the old one better.
Perhaps I'll add both versions to this bundle.

Update 2:
- Added some filters (custom graphic filter that I own).

• Tweaked some pixels.
    • Repositioned and scaled the 'upper' ring.
    • 'Reinforced' the outline of 'middle' ring.
    • Slightly bended the transition area between lighter cloud streaks in the center to appear slightly more coherent and like a swirl.
1646134830307.png1646136685534.png

Update 3:
- Made the over all image much sharper, based on the HD version
1646136685534.png1646139596345.png

Last edited:

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 57
Update 1:
- Added several layers of additional cloud in the center to give the art more depth.
- Some big changes to lighting, contrast and over all sharpness.

Note: Personally I'm kind of on the fence about it and think I prefer the old one better.
Perhaps I'll add both versions to this bundle.

Update 2:
- Added some filters (custom graphic filter that I own).

• Tweaked some pixels.
    • Repositioned and scaled the 'upper' ring.
    • 'Reinforced' the outline of 'middle' ring.
    • Slightly bended the transition area between lighter cloud streaks in the center to appear slightly more coherent and like a swirl.

Update 3:
- Made the over all image much sharper, based on the HD version
It looks more like a your in a cave looking towards the end instead of a "storm" Define the clouds more like this for example,
and

Show the clouds moving side to side instead of a circle / twirl effect you made here, because then it looks like a black hole or a cave.