• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eye Of The Storm v.1.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Derived from the WoW PvP zone. There are four nodes in each corner of the map which need to be captured by both teams. Once a node is captured, the team will receive points over time. A flag spawns in the center of the map ever 60 seconds, picking it up and bringing it back to a node under your teams' control grants a bonus 3 points. Ideally you want to maintain control of 2-3 nodes, while simultaneously capturing the flag on spawn. Gold is granted to every member of a team for each honorable achievement:

Capture a node: 2 gold to all team members
Capture the Flag: 3 gold to all team members
Kill an enemy hero: 2 gold to all team members

Current Credit List: (also available in-game F9)

BTNCWDarkArrow - Deep evasion skill icon by CloudWolf
I C E - S P E L L P A C K - V 1.2 By MortAr-
Eye Of The Storm Progression (minimap artwork) - Don Quackenbush
Earth Totem By shamanyouranus
Water Totem By shamanyouranus
Fire Dash by RMX
Pit of Fire by Paladon (Flame [Fire])
Pyroblast by by X-OMG-X (Fire Ignitation v1.3)
Regeneration Field by cyberkid
Glyph Abilities by Squiggy
Ice Dome by cyberkid
Unit Aura Control by Romek
Setname System By MrBoneClinkz
Weather System By MrBoneClinkz
(If you see something in-game which you believe to be yours, and not listed here, please let me know asap)

Special thanks to:
XxTerror for the game concept idea and Beravin for the gameplay ideas and beta testing

This map has protection enabled (cant open in WE) - i'd like to do my best to keep work on it done by me - although, if the map being unprotected is a requirement for acceptance, or people request it unprotected, i may change this.

Keywords:
Mini-Game, Nodes, Capture, Flag, Heroes, Team
Contents

Eye Of The Storm v.1.3 (Map)

Reviews
21:45, 10th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 2
The concept is based off the PvP zone, i.e. the objectives remain the same. But the heroes, terrain, spells, ect.. are all different. After all the time spent playing WoW, i wanted to try to put a spin on it :3 - a quick mad rush to get everything done

Terrain is plain, needs more variation of tilesets.. Add more doodads too!

Level 24
Well congratulation you lazy bastards if you dont have time to download WoW private server this is the map for you. Good work hive to use WoW models is eligeal of course but to copy an WoW BG and put it up on this forum is leagle good work Hive you are even more fucking retarded then I thought was possible!

Level 2
Well congratulation you lazy bastards if you dont have time to download WoW private server this is the map for you. Good work hive to use WoW models is eligeal of course but to copy an WoW BG and put it up on this forum is leagle good work Hive you are even more fucking retarded then I thought was possible!

From your little rant there its obvious you haven't even tried the map. Opening your mouth and raging before doing so is one of the most stupid things a person can do.

As i said in an earlier post. The IDEA was derived from WoW, absolutely everything else is my own work (apart from what you see in the credit list ofc).

Next time, Try before you cry.