• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Exporting models from the editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
All I can find from any search engine no matter how specific I am, is tutorials on how to import models into a modeling program. The search engines even highlight words I didn't type into the engine. It's kinda gay.

What I want to know is how to export .m3 files from the sc2 editor. Clicking "File -> Export -> Export Model File" yields nothing. It doesn't even open up a window to choose where to save it. :/

I used to be able to export .m3 files. What do I do now?

Level 1
I don't want to use a third party program. I know the editor has an export feature for exporting the .m3 files. I did it before years ago. I even used the .m3 files in 3ds max to create my own little custom movie for vocational school.

So where is the feature?

That program is useless anyway. There's nothing in the mpqs. All it does when I open ANY of the mpqs is show a list of the files in the FOLDER.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I don't want to use a third party program. I know the editor has an export feature for exporting the .m3 files. I did it before years ago.
They changed so much in the editor since then. I am guessing it is now part of their art tools which are still un-released (although in some form of beta stage).

That program is useless anyway. There's nothing in the mpqs. All it does when I open ANY of the mpqs is show a list of the files in the FOLDER.
Unless they broke it recently with an update, I can assure you it works. I used it to extract the galaxy script files from the data MPQs. I used some of its source code as a reference when writing my own MPQ reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.