• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Explorers: GOT test request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi all! Relatively new member EternalOne here.
I have been working on an Altered Melee map called Explorers: Gate of the Temple (pastebin link). I've tested it from my end quite a bit, enough to be sure that it doesn't cause any crashes, but extra pairs of eyes would be a huge help for the final round of testing. I made an ENT Gaming account, and I'll try to host the game and join it myself from 4 PM to 6 PM this week (9 PM to 11 PM where I live). Anyone who could help playtest the game (and send me a replay if I'm not in it) would be a huge help! It's best to make sure everything works before I submit it.

Quick summary of how the map works:
Explorers: GOT gives everyone the same custom race (the explorers), but each player has their own techtree with certain units and upgrades enabled or disabled. You can load a techtree with a code at the start of the map, or get a random one if you don't have a code.
Everyone has one Hero from the beginning of the game, which can be revived at any Hall. When the Hero levels up, it is randomly determined which of their 4 abilities will increase in level. Each ability starts with 3 levels, but when it would get a 4th it can instead be swapped out for one of three different stronger abilities. The stronger abilities each have 3 levels of their own.
There are no creep camps on the map, but creeps periodically attack the bases of different players. The attacking creeps have a leader on the map, and killing the leader stops the attacks and yields two rewards: a powerful Artifact item that drops when the Hero carrying it dies, and the leader can be trained by the player who killed it (but they can only have one of it at a time). Once one batch of leaders is eliminated, stronger creep leaders will appear.
The map can be played with flexible teams, and is designed with an upper limit of 4 players per team in mind. You can win by either eliminating all buildings of all other teams, or by completing the map's Quest (revealed on start). If a teammate loses all of their buildings, there is an in-game command to give them one of your workers so that they can rebuild.
All units and items used in the game are custom made using only Blizzard assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.