• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Explained: Endgame crafting and Disenchanting

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the next update, a new feature will hit the game: disenchanting.

All major towns will offer an enchanting circle.
If you drop an item inside the circle, you can activate the circle for a small gold fee (that is determined by the level of the item), which will then transform the item into a material that is determined by the type and the level of the item.
Mail armors and swords will be transformed into ores, cloth armors into cloth, etc. of apropriate level.

If you drop three magical items into the circle and press the convert button, depending on the level and quality tiers of the items converted, you will get a rare material of matching type and level.

Level 50 recipes will usually require a regular bag item as a precursor, which come in 2 tiers each:
--> Blackstone Mould (Shadow Pearl + 3x Blackstone Ore)
--> Refined Blackstone Mould ([Blackstone Mould] + Soul Essence + 2x Arsaios Herb)
--> Silk Thread (Bloodstone + 3x Silk)
--> Compound Thread ([Silk Thread] + Eternal Flower + 2x Arsaios Herb)
--> Purified Leather (Pure Opal + 3x Sturdy Skin)
--> Hardened Leather ([Purified Leather] + Soul Essence + 2x Arsaios Herb)

This will combat the clogging of the material bag, while simultanously adding a certain element of realism and immersion to the crafting.

There will also be a new material type which can only be gained by disenchanting level 50 blues, which will be an incredient of upgrade recipes, which will allow you to upgrade endgame (or pre-50 legendary) items in the game.

Overall, the amount of crafting recipes on level 50 will be much larger compared to the previous content. This new system and the increased emphasis of crafting will allow for more long-term goals in the game and also generate interesting new gold and MC sinks.

You will now also be able to purchase buffs. In return for Gold or MCs, you can now gain a small 60-minute boost to HP, MP, Armor, AP, etc..

Level 8
Awesome. Collecting materials should be an integral part of any RPG, not just "oh I can maybe collect some mats and complete this recipe if I feel like it - ah nvm this item that dropped is just as good or better anyway"

Not so sure about the buffs though. Elixir-like effects tend to be difficult to balance. If its cheap then everyone just spams it - why not just make base heroes a bit stronger in that case? If it's expensive, gaias will become one of those games that everyone calls for rmk after 1 attempt (I sort of enjoy immersing myself in 1 gaias game for hours). You may argue that you want freedom in customizing your builds but in that case - why change to autostat?
Maybe I just don't like it because it reminds me of the "Free to Play but Pay to Win" game model.
Maybe I just feel like the only way to get decent buffs should be from the bard class, any alternative simply decreases their already questionable worth.

Level 7
I think buffs are fine for purchase. The content isn't going to be built around needing the buffs (I would assume), so think of it more as "insurance" for worse players to be able play more difficult content.

Edit: Did you make materials in the foothills region a bit more common? Especially bloodstones? Sometimes it felt foothill regions materials were extremely rare =.=.

Level 10
You will now also be able to purchase buffs. In return for Gold or MCs, you can now gain a small 60-minute boost to HP, MP, Armor, AP, etc..

I think 60 minutes seems a bit excessive maybe make it just long enough to do 1 dungeon (10-30minutes?) that way it forces people to keep buying buffs instead of once a game. Also is it a buff that gives you a boost in all of the stats: HP, MP, Armor, AP, etc.? I Think it should be individual buffs for each stat and maybe only allow 1 or two active at a time.

If it's expensive, gaias will become one of those games that everyone calls for rmk after 1 attempt (I sort of enjoy immersing myself in 1 gaias game for hours).
I think decreasing the duration of the buff should help reduce the remaking aspect on a high price buff. It'll run off before it becomes a true benefit and would discourage remaking for such a short buff duration.

Maybe I just feel like the only way to get decent buffs should be from the bard class, any alternative simply decreases their already questionable worth.
I still want channeling buffs on my bard XD a very unpopular opinion but I absolutely love buffing and barding and I agree he is a little useless at the moment

just my two cents

enchanting and disenchanting/crafting system sounds amazing though!

The purchasable buffs are meant as a way to dump gold in a meaningful way for endgame players that already have everything they can purchase with gold. They will be pretty expensive and the boosts will be minor (something like +10% to main attribute or +10% armor), but why not just use them when you have everything anyway?

And yes, only one buff at the same time. Soul has a point about buff duration, though. I'll make it 30 minutes to prevent players from remake-scumming.

I'm also thinking about adding purchasable buffs that don't benefit the player who purchased them, but other players around. Something like a small XP aura that only works on players 10 or more levels lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.