• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Expert Spell Maker come here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I want to create a costum hero based on trigger, it's a skeleton mage..
The hero sold in the tavern and i add 1 skill "Book of Pendragon" based on Thunder Clap.. So if he used the skill, he will create a book and the skill will removed to avoid he create more...

The problem is:
The thing that i want is if the Hero have the Book of Pendragon and he say "1", so he cast burst a fire (Breath of Fire).. if the hero say/chat "2" he will burst a shockwave.. and if he say "3" he will cast thunder clap and so on..

REQUEST :
Please make the trigger for spell (if hero say "1") the spell is shockwave... just 1.. so i can copy and paste the trigger and change the "1" into "2" also the spell... REMEMBER it's a Tavern Hero! Not player 1 (red), etc

Can you make it?? +MEGA REP and CREDIT !! :grin::grin::grin::grin: :thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Level 4
yes.. like type "whosyourdaddy" or something like that.. you know.. press ENTER and type "1" and then press enter again, and the hero will burst breath of fire / something like that to the front of the hero

Level 11
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Entered chat string) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units currently selected by (Triggering player)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set Loc = ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 400.00 towards 0.00 degrees)
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Loc
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)
        • Else - Actions
You may wanna adjust the angles a bit and do some other finalizing touches. But this should cover the core of the trigger you are looking for.

Level 12
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing <Empty String> as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Entered chat string) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units currently selected by (Triggering player)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set Loc = ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by 400.00 towards 0.00 degrees)
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave Loc
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Loc)
        • Else - Actions
You may wanna adjust the angles a bit and do some other finalizing touches. But this should cover the core of the trigger you are looking for.

Offset points leaks. >_>

You should set position of unit first.
Then key in Set Loc2 = (Loc1) offset by 400.00
And your unit group, its only used once and not looping.
Thus, it leaks.

Level 12
Level 4
ok then... can you explain the trigger function? i'm a really really newbie and it sucks.. i have seen people make spell like creating a pentagram with some lightning effects and then it explode.. back to the topic...

Status
Not open for further replies.