• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Expanding sound effects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, this help request may sound unusual. What always evoked immersion for me in Warcraft 2 and Starcraft was that I could hear sounds of battle throughout the map. In Warcraft 2, you could clearly hear every event that was happening on the map where fog of war was disabled. In Starcraft you could not disable fog of war, so it was less obvious, but it was still there and created great atmosphere, that something is actually going on around you. Does exist any way I could achieve this in my custom maps in Warcraft 3? It is very strange, when there is great battle close to my base and I can hear sounds just when I am very close to it. Can sounds be modified in world editor somehow, so that they can be heard in every corner of the map? Or at least enlarge the field they can be heard in?

Last edited:
Level 3
That can be applied to death sounds for example, but what about attacking sounds? My concern was especialy with explosions sounds, like catapult or battleship or spells like blizzard, rain of fire and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.