• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exp after killing creeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello guys im making a map( something like hero arena ) i have just passed through the exp problem after level 5 and now im stuck with the exp after killing a creep. How to change the amount of exp given by the creep ? Shh ..right now im just changing level that the creep has allowing me to get a bit more exp. But it doesn't stick together that lowest tier creep has level 3-5. So yeah anything i can do about it ? :grin:

I have enough of this ,,Gameplay Constants" place why did blizzard make it so complicated... :goblin_cry:

Level 1
I have done it long time ago that the hero is able to gain exp after level 5 but i don't know how much exp does the creep give to the hero after killing it. I have changed 80, 70, 60, 50, 0 to 100, 100, 100, 100, 100 and killing a [Level 1] Gnoll gives 25 exp to [Level 1] hero. And is there any way to change exp given by specific creep without going into the Gameplay Constant area?

Level 9
WC3 handles experience given from creep to hero by the creep level,
if you want to make it based on creep type, you will have to trigger it.

the idea of it will be :
first step would be disable experience gain or set exp rate to 0%.
then setup a database to determine the amount of the exp given through hashtable for convenience or if you didn't use point value, you can use that to store the exp, when a hero kill, you enum the killer and nearby allies then set the exp according to your formula.

someone has made this kind of system in Spells section, you can try search for it.

someone has made this kind of system in Spells section, you can try search for it.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-221239/?prev=search=EXP%20System&d=list&r=20
this?

first step would be disable experience gain or set exp rate to 0%.
then setup a database to determine the amount of the exp given through hashtable for convenience or if you didn't use point value, you can use that to store the exp, when a hero kill, you enum the killer and nearby allies then set the exp according to your formula.
this is why making our own XP system is fucking annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.