• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Example - Transfer Hero between maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi there,
I am trying to make a maps, where you imagine like on map 1 you enter specific area, and then you load another map (map2), with the hero from map1 and that hero has to do some stuff (kill mobs etc), then when he is done, he enters another spot, and ports back to map 1 with the saved progress on quest etc.

How to do it? I have checked everything I could and it doesnt work for me. Can someone get me an example map how to do it, how to learn it?

I would love to recreate Diablo 2 into warcraft III with that - caves, areas. etc.

Thanks in advance!

Level 14
This is done by making a custom campaign and using game caches to save map data as you travel between maps. My campaign uses this technique but I am still using an older editor so I don’t know if you can still do it. I think I heard custom campaigns no longer work..

Status
Not open for further replies.