• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Example on how much WoW is addicting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Yes they do. When I played WoW, i would be doing a instanct or something and my mom would go"Lets go to wal-mart" I say "NO I JUST STARTED, IT TAKES ME FOREVER TO GET THIS FAR" lol stuff like that when i used to be addicted, then i stopped playing for a while so i didnt do it anymore.

Level 10
ive been on WoW now for 2 weeks, and im addicted!! Ive lost 2 weeks of my life to WoW i had a few projects that were close to being finished and other things i planned to do and i have not done a single thing accept go to work - WoW - get no sleep - work - Wow - rinse/repeat. To be fair though it has been damn fun!!

Level 36
Lol, something like that happened with one of my classmates' brother. The last thing he said in the recording was "you've taken the only thing i have ever loved! fuck you! i'm going to pwn your ass!". These WoW addicts are funny shit man... :|

When I was addicted to WoW, my parents just ignored me and let me play it all day every day until I just got bored and quit.

Level 10
so you mean at some point in the future i may be able to reclaim my social life back again? because at the moment its not looking that way, also im concerned my reputation with my friends may start to drop

Level 2
WoW is addicting. I have yet to be bored of it after... Three, going on four years. Eight of my real life friends play WoW too so its not like im losing rep from playing WoW. Even my dad plays WoW.

Level 8
Yes they do. When I played WoW, i would be doing a instanct or something and my mom would go"Lets go to wal-mart" I say "NO I JUST STARTED, IT TAKES ME FOREVER TO GET THIS FAR" lol stuff like that when i used to be addicted, then i stopped playing for a while so i didnt do it anymore.

So, what you basically said was, "It's not the game, it's the player"
I play wow, and i'm hardly addicted,it get's dull quite a lot.

Level 12
So, what you basically said was, "It's not the game, it's the player"
I play wow, and i'm hardly addicted,it get's dull quite a lot.

But it is the player, a LOT of times when they play they feel power and control over the game, and the higher level you are, the more dominent you are, so it keeps them wanting to get high and higher and farm like crazy, the theres a lot of people who are really addicted for different reasons.

Also your making it look like what I'm implying is totally wrong because your not addicted...Not everyone is addicted, but its the player not the game. Theres a lot of people who just casual play, play maybe every weekend, couple days of the week, that sort of thing. Though then you see someone in the summer playing until 4 in the morning every day

Level 25
I'm getting real pissed about WoW. And yea, I've played it myself.

Cuz this friday we we're on a LAN, on an internet café, costed us about 20$ per head.
And what's the first thing a guy does? Start WoW. ''I'm just going to look a thing''

IT'S NOT A BLOODY HAMAGUCHI!
And then another guy starts to play it cuz he also needs to check a thing... Mkay, I can understand guilds and such but just.. LEAVE IT.

Level 2
reminded me about when I was a kid =)) MOMMY PLEAAASE ONE MOAR MINUTE OF DUNE 2!!!!!!!!!11

Lolol Dune 2 pwned wow :D

I used to be wow addict. Not that more now. Only log on to raid once in a while :p Got kinda bored with it

Level 12
My friend is playing WoW as we speak. Nothing special, if it weren't for the fact he logged in about 18 hours ago.

Level 12
I never played more then 7 hours in a day, i would get bored of it. Infact most games I dont spend days playing, I may play a very long game that lasted for hours, like midevial 2, 1 game last from morning around 10 A.M to 8 PM, while being the aztecs(I won about 2-3 hours earlier but i wanted to kick englands ass when they came)

Level 4
LOL, I used to be addicted to WoW too, spent literally a whole month in this schedule
Started out on my couch, with my comp on a table, so i can access it while on the couch. I slept on the couch and only moved to get food like once a day. Went to bed at 3-4 AM, then repeated, waking up at about 12. That was my life as a WoW addict. But now it gets soo boring while playing alone, this new 3x xp with a friend thing though, that helps me get thru alot of shit. ^.^ Playing with friends in WoW = ftw
Playing solo in wow = boring shit.

Level 4
Apparently living in Azeroth is more dangerous to your life than living in the ghetto.

Level 4
I once met someone who said they learned social skills from WoW. But he was retarded, because he was 13 and all he talked about is getting laid, getting drunk and having a better sex life than me. Which makes absolutely no sense.

Level 5
I can't seriously understand how people get adicted to wow. I played the 10-day trial and I sometimes play on a private server but I've never become addicted. It's a fun game but it's so BORING to play for several hours in a row.

Level 3
Heh I play WoW Too but im not that addicted, is getting pretty boring now im just waiting for Wotlk kinda.

Level 27
Im addicted to gaming in general anyways, if i would be banned from WoW by my parents then i would just move on to the next addicting game. So stop crying they're enough addictions out there.

But i must admit WoW is the most addicting one. But you have to pay for Retail and well.. im playing on private and i think id never switch to retail because you have to pay for the main reason but also retail has countless things to do and everything goes fucking slow. Private servers are higher paced but still fun (At least the one i am on a blizzlike one) and not too addictive...

It's indeed stupid that when you suddenly stop with something you've worked on so long you're parents go nagging you should go trough with it and finish it and when you've had a good BT raid and are at illidan they say you have to stop ^^.

Irony.. I seriously once thought that when they would do this shit to me i would just delete something my dad worked on quite long and see how he would feel.. but nothing that has to do with his work because otherwise he wouldn't get money I can spend (rofl)

but nothing that has to do with his work because otherwise he wouldn't get money I can spend (rofl)

Move it to your pr0n folder and two days later restore it?

Anyway, I'm not really addicted. When I need a break, I leave my account frozen for a few months, then when something cool is about to come up, I resubscribe and drain the new content as much as possible.

As for the video...

All people who are life-threateningly addicted are antisocial retards. Normal addiction is okay, but this is just silly. Crying over a game is just plain retarded.

Level 12
Im addicted to gaming in general anyways, if i would be banned from WoW by my parents then i would just move on to the next addicting game. So stop crying they're enough addictions out there.

But i must admit WoW is the most addicting one. But you have to pay for Retail and well.. im playing on private and i think id never switch to retail because you have to pay for the main reason but also retail has countless things to do and everything goes fucking slow. Private servers are higher paced but still fun (At least the one i am on a blizzlike one) and not too addictive...

It's indeed stupid that when you suddenly stop with something you've worked on so long you're parents go nagging you should go trough with it and finish it and when you've had a good BT raid and are at illidan they say you have to stop ^^.

Irony.. I seriously once thought that when they would do this shit to me i would just delete something my dad worked on quite long and see how he would feel.. but nothing that has to do with his work because otherwise he wouldn't get money I can spend (rofl)

Rofl, a game is a game, deleting your dads crap is just making you look stupid, they dont want to to play because you can do better things then spend your time playing games, and deleting something important off a comp of your parents because you couldnt finish a raid.. that just makes you a selfish bastard.. its just a game.. And Private servers won't last forever, there already not as good as the real one.. And slow? What are you talking about? It depends on your internet connection and how full the server is.

And please don;t compare Private servers to the real WoW and say its not addicting.., seeing how you aren't even playing the real one.

Also in a previous thread most servers are either going to be shut down or sued by blizz, of course if they keep very low and change things around they might be able to avoid blizzard for a while. but eventually there will be no more private servers. If you can't pay don't play, don't cheat by playing on fake servers for free, which are buggy, and not the real experience.

Level 5
NOOOOOOOOO! No more private servers? I'm doomed! I don't like the "real deal" because:
1. From lvl 1-70 (now 80) you have to grind for an eternity (which is extremely boring).
2. It's so bloody expensive.

Level 5
Ok maybe it does NOT take a lifetime to lvl. But it is still boring. The boredom I feel just by THINKING about it... well... it just can't be described with our limited vocabulary. I don't know why, but I just need to think about grinding in WoW to become bored :p

Level 17
Hey, are you complaining about grinding in WoW? Waheyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like this first time I have ever read this!!
ALL (note: ALL) games like World of Warcraft have some sort of grinding in it, and I can tell you, WoW has little grinding compared to many other games.

Level 5
Well, then maybe I just can't stand games with long-time grinding. In Oblivion and Fallout 3 for example you get lvls much faster :p. Yes, yes, YES, I know that in online games it is supposed to take long to get lvls.

Level 12
um expensive? um no 15 bucks a month isn't, get a job and its cheap as hell... Hell i don't even have a job and I'm paying for it on my own lol.

Considering how much you get 15 bucks is cheap.., Grinding? if you mean just killing then no, questing makes it extremely fast

Level 8
Yes. Living in the ghetto will at least teach you how to survive.
Well unless you die so fast you don't learn squat.

Tell that to the 10 million people and counting pissing their lives away.
They aren't necessarily pissing their lives away, if you think about it, they enjoy the game = they enjoy life = they're happy and probably will quit after a while when they realize real social life is more important than the social life in wow.

Level 5
Ok, not only was that completely off-topic. It was also dubbleposting (the unforgiveable crime!) and random bullshit to such a degree that not even I can beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.