• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Everything hacked ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
My hotmail was hacked my steam my facebook. I ran AVG nothing i checked process in task manager nothing unusual. I checked netstat all normal... wut :O

I reset my email through recovery questions then i link to my phone via sms. I test it and it works. So i think i'm safe then today the passwords are changed at 4:17 am i was hacked again. No Sms was sent to my Phone. ._.

Any help/suggestions on how they are doing this / prevention methods?

Level 17
did you by any chance try task manager or recource monitor those are pretty good ways to get rid of hack programs also you can try using your on screen keyboard i dont think keyloggers detect that also you can type in a whole bunch of words in notepad one of which is your password and then cnp it ..

Level 5
It's the secret government!

Quick, wear a tinfoil hat so you can disrupt their signals from reading your brain!
tinfoil20hat.jpg

Level 17
No i don't store the passwords as cookies. however i did find a trojan in Win32 (Alureon or something)-Not specifically a keylogger and does not show up on taskmanager. Instead it injects code into other exe's and monitors ingoing outgoing packets :(" :L now that's removed. I am gonna full system restore then try and recover see what happens. What i am mainly confused about is how they got my password and changed the linked phone number when i had set up SMS verification. It makes me think that Microsoft still hasn't fixed the exploit on the reset password page which was highlighted in April. >.>

I usually have task manager open nothing is out of the usual memory wise and my netstat usually seems fine.

In the meantime i will start a new account on a second device and email google/microsoft thanks for the advice, didn't think of a second device :O
Also gonna consider switching to Gmail and also using a separate email for each major service so that they are not linked.
Now using Windows Live security essentials as well.

Also no i don't use IE i use Firefox but i am gonna switch to GC since FF is not compatible with AVG :<
Also GC seems much more safer than both of them even though google has been hacked before.

Also when he hacked them the 2nd time bypassing the sms he added his own phone number. Would that be his own or a randomly generated one out of curiosity. It ends with 18 as last 2 digits. And i am 95% sure he is American considering the times that he is online on his pc. Also i seem to piss of Americans a lot :( but i dont think that is related to this.

edit

Hotmail has 0 Security. If they are bypassing SMS verification then it is not a problem my side. I think the problem is sorted now i need to force Microsoft to close my hotmail accounts so i can move to GMAIL. However they seem to nave 0 customer support oh joy this is going to be fun.

Currently now just trying to find contact emails for Facebook >.> and then gonna try and get steam back via support forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
My hotmail was hacked 3 months ago or so, the thing is they hacked my -I-dont-give-a-fuck mail which was the only one I had in hotmail :/

Protip: I used to spam my hotmail account in the classic bnet forums for beta key, so I spammed it with freedom. Bots caught it and haxed

Status
Not open for further replies.