• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Event not registering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Well this trigger is for a morale system I am making for my map, but the event of one of the triggers doesn't register, I can get the trigger to run if I use the "Run Trigger" action in another trigger though. To sum it up, the event doesn't register when the Lumber Properties aren't equal. Anyways, here's the trigger.

• Team Morale
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current lumber becomes Not equal to (Real((Player 2 (Blue) Current lumber)))
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 1 (Red) Current lumber) Greater than (Player 2 (Blue) Current lumber)
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of Morale Unit 0008 <gen> to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of Morale Unit 0008 <gen> to Player 2 (Blue) and Change color

Level 2
You can try setting the trigger to a periodic event(leaks). Or declare a timer and use it as a countdown timer.
Should work fine. Just experiment a little.

Level 7
First, agreed with GhostWolf.

With that out of the way, the reason that doesn't work is because it will only fire if both players had the same lumber and one's lumber amount becomes different. So if both players had different amounts and the lumber amount changes, nothing will happen. Basically, the initial conditions give it no reason to fire.

Level 4
Thanks for explaining Soga-.

Well I found a way to work around this, just was wondering why it didn't work in the first place.

And the reason it's a real is because I couldn't get it to be:

Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current lumber becomes Not equal to Player 2 (Blue)'s Current lumber

Anyways thanks for the answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.