• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Evasion+Aura= How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Aha, finally a post I can help with. Am I to assume you know some triggering? Hopefully so. Anyway this is where our good friend Silence comes in, it has a field for chance to miss, so just set it to the proper area and have a trigger that orders a dummy to cast it every certain amount of seconds. Also make sure to make it not actually silence them(stop spell casting) Well I hope you get it working

Level 2
Noobie.Mapmaker said:
Change the model file effect of the evasion ability...

So, I'd take any random aura and make the model file effect under "Art" to be the evasion ability?...

Level 7
Yes the silence missing acts on enemies, but if you make units have a chance to miss on each attack you can give the illusion that all nearby units have evasion. And no, chaging art won't do anyhting, disregard noobie guys posts, they are not at all helpful to what you want.

Level 11
OMG... this is all bullshit. Excuse my expression. You are all wrong by now and I will explain why.

Noobie.Mapmaker... Your nickname reflects what you are, a noob. No offense but that's the biggest stupidity someone could say. By changing the art, I think he meant the buff and so, it won't affect the units in any way, except giving them the buff, with the effect of the aura on which you based to make this Evasion Aura. No offsense and don't get upset at me but that's the truth.

Chuckle Brother - Umm... Not really, considering that the aura has an area of effect of 800... With your method all the units within the 800 range are silenced so they miss. Ok, now, have one of those units attack an unit outside the 800 range. It will still have a chance to miss. Moreover, units that attack the units who should technically have the buff, and are outside the 800 range, will not miss (unless they are cursed of course). So, this is wrong as well.

My conclusion? Use Vexorian's Aura template. Its excellent for what you need. I think he has included such an aura into the map. And wanna know something? last summer I wanted to do this aura too. It's perhaps because it sounds cool!

~Daelin

Level 7
Daelin said:
Chuckle Brother - Umm... Not really, considering that the aura has an area of effect of 800... With your method all the units within the 800 range are silenced so they miss. Ok, now, have one of those units attack an unit outside the 800 range. It will still have a chance to miss. Moreover, units that attack the units who should technically have the buff, and are outside the 800 range, will not miss (unless they are cursed of course). So, this is wrong as well.

Sorry Daelin but perhaps I was unclear, it is not a one shot deal, it should recast every 1 or 1.5 seconds, this way guys inside are affected. Sorry this was an error on my part to make myself understood, but there it is. It works, I know because I have made one before. So yeah make the silence be recast every x amount of time according you how perfect you want it to be, to reduce lag don't make it create a new unit, have a unit under a variable keep casting it.

Level 11
Leopard said:
Umm.. Daelin, i think i should add "no offense" word, cause i really don't offense :? .

(I think my wink smiley deosen't describe that)
[/quote]

Ehehe...I didn't feel offended dude. I just mentioned that i no longer need the skill. That's all. And it is funny that after such a long period of time, I realize that it wasn't that original. :lol:

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.