• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Ethernal Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok, heres the thing.

I've made a unit with no physical attack, ONLY spells. And I want it to be permanently ethernal unit so he won;t die immediatly and will add a level of difficulty to killing him. Problem is, I can't get it to function. XX_Noob has given me this trigger but it does not work. Help please?

• Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Ethernal Spirit
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Corporeal Form to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Orc Spirit Walker - Ethereal Form
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Corporeal Form from (Triggering unit)
cleaned it up, here you go

Level 7
I don't have my WE open, but are you sure it's Corporeal Form you should be adding, and not Ethereal Form? I mean, just judging from that function that orders the unit to go ethereal.

Level 2
Yea I realised that it was Corporeal Form was there and not Ethernal so I changed that, still doesn't work however...:sad:

Level 2
Oooooh thank you! Finally theres a way...And not with triggers! :grin:

Anyways, rep'd for your help people.

Oh and can someone tell me how to make an ability auto cast that would rule, cheers.

Level 12
actually, i posted a way without triggers, but the Ethereal ability-way is much better :p

EDIT : To make an ability autocast, you are going to have to make a Dummy ability that is autocast-able(Inner Fire, Heal, Bloodlust) and whenever the unit casts this spell, you make a Dummy unit cast the spell you want it to really cast. Here is a way to do it.

1. Make a dummy ability:
Just choose a ability that is autocast-able and make it not affect the unit it casts on at all(like, make Bloodlust not increase scale, attack speed or movement speed). Give it the tooltips of the spell you want to be autocast-able. So, lets say we want Chain Lightning. Then we change so that the spell is supposed to be Chain Lightning, when it really isnt(Chain Lightning Icon, a tooltip that says Chain Lightning and that it bounces between targets to deal Damage, name it Chain Lightning and give it an Editor Suffix with the name Auto(then the name will be Chain Lightning ingame and Chain Lightning (Auto) in the editor)

2. Make a dummy unit:
Make a unit with 0 collision, with the movement type Fly and with the Locust ability. The unit shall not have an attack either and should probably have 0 Sight Range aswell. Name it Dummy so we can find it easier later.

3. Make the trigger:
Lets say we want to make it Chain Lightning as the example above. Then the trigger would look something like this
  • Autocast Chain Lightning
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Coniditons
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Chain Lightning (Auto)
  • Actions
    • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point facing Default building facing
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
    • Unit - Add Chain Lightning to (Last created unit)
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Farseer - Chain Lightning (Target of ability being cast)
    • Unit - Add a 1.00 seconds Generic experation timer

Level 12
really? cus i just tried a dummy map with a unit casting Heal in auto-cast and made the game say go when he casted the spell

go
go
go
go

:p

oh, and if you mean that to check if the unit has set the ability to be autocasting, that is quite simple :p

Level 5
Autocast abilities that fire on an attack aren't detected by a spell effect event, I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.