• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Escape from Ahn'Qiraj - Looking for some opinions on my campaign idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Escape from Ahn'Qiraj - Cancelled Project - Open Idea

CaffeineMonkey presents Escape from Ahn'Qiraj

:hohum: Just would like to say that I am cancelling creating this campaign idea to work on other things. But if anyone wishes to use elements of the story, level concepts, ect for their own, please feel free to use them. If you decide to use the full story concept written below, give me credit for writting it originaly.

[0.1 Story]
You are a dwarven explorer, lost among the ruins of Ahn'Qiraj; city of the ancient qiraji race.

After the events here three years ago, explorers from all over have entered these gates in
search of the great treasures said to still be hidden amongst the many hives and temples of Ahn'Qiraj. But some have never returned from their ventures into these halls. But not taking the warnings, you decided to go inside alone in search of the fabled treasures that lie within.

While digging about, you uncovered a hive of silithid that escaped the war and a religious sect of the qiraji who seek to summon the elemental armies of C'thun into this world to exact revenge upon the races for the death of their god and creator. Now it is up to you and your trusty boomstick to stop these cultists and flee the ruins before it is too late!

[0.2 Gameplay]
Play through five levels of action-oriented gameplay as you work your way through an ancient qiraji city while facing plenty of silithid, qiraji and other creeps who make this their lair.

[0.3 Weapons and Items]
In Escape from Ahn'Qiraj you can obtain weapons and power-ups from the corpses of fallen adventurers and warriors who came into these halls; often then not against their will. These power-ups range from gun upgrades, sticks of dynamite to even health potions and special elixers. Below is a short list of what to expect as you explore each area.

- Health Potion: Recovers 50% of your health.
- Noggenfogger Elixer: Grants limited invulnerability.

- Double-barreled Shotgun: Close-range shotgun with a high damage output.
- Precisely Calibrated Boomstick: Fast-loading boomstick.
- Goblin Rocket Launcher: Long-range explosive with a stun.

- Ez-Thro Dynamite: Thrown weapon with moderate range and AoE damage.

[0.4 Levels]
There are currently five levels planned for Escape from Ahn'Qiraj. Four of which are planned to contain bosses.

- Level 1: Hive'Zara
Deep underneath the ruins of Ahn'Qiraj lies the silithid colony of Hive'Zara. You have fallen into this nest and now you must escape from it. Looking up from where you just came, you are left with only one way to go. Forward, into the hive.

- Level 2: The Canal
As you leave the hive, you find pool of water which is trickling in from above. Following the source of the water you come upon an extensive canal system that leads in all directions.

- Level 3: Prophet's Rise
Finally finding your way out from the canals your greeted by a large qiraji temple that lies before you. But as you continue, you'll find out that this city is far from abandoned.

- Level 4: Obsidian Hall
You come across an ancient tunnel system carved by tooth and claw by the silithid slaves. Here the qiraji constructed their powerful guardians from the obsidian found in abundance within the tunnel. And some of these glass constructs still patrol these halls, keeping them clear of any intruders they may find.

- Level 5: Temple Complex
As you exit the dark caverns and return to the world above you are surprised by a line of ancient spires leading to the base of a temple in the distance. Each tower is connected by a pathway. Having nowhere else to go you move forward not knowing what lies before you as you continue your journey through Ahn'Qiraj.

Last edited:
Level 3
:smile: Thanks for the offer ~Void~, but I'd like to do it on my own for now if that's alright. Could use the terraining practice.

As for the models, I found this model pack one day which contained not many, but a decent amount of qiraji/nerubian/silithid models. Most of them are from WoW so I'll probably not use them. But so far I'll look and continue to look for other models which could also work with my map.

Last edited:
Level 3
' looked over the rules about WoW models.

- Models included in World of Warcraft are the exclusive property of Blizzard Entertainment.
- Blizzard has never released the World of Warcraft models for public use.
- Consumers are therefore required to purchase World of Warcraft and maintain valid game accounts in order to use those models.

I own a copy of WoW and TBC and have had an account since August of 2005. Although I haven't played on my account in about two months. Question I have here then is, am I still able to use these models or not? :confused:

Last edited:
Level 3
Yeah, was just thinking to myself after I posted, "there's an edit button". I'll best remember to use it next time.

As well I'm no longer going to be using the WoW models for this project due to the rules. Not taking any chances. :cool: Aye!

I removed one of my posts from above (the double-post) and combined it with the one that was above it.

Last edited:
Level 3
True that. Been looking around sites for some insectoid models I might be able to use for my map. Found several models of qiraji/silithid looking units on several sites (including this one of course) and within the same pack I found all those qiraji and silithid models I talked about in post #3.

Added an image so people could see them and judge wether or not they'd work and go well with this project. Also added credits for the people who made/posted them and where I found said resource. (if that's alright of course, if not I'll delete it and the image to) :cool:

A: Nerubian Guard from Callahan @ HiveWorkshop.com
B: Silithid Beetle from Razorclaw X @ CampaignCreations.org
C: Nerubian Stinger from alfredx_sotn @ HiveWorkshop.com
D: Tanatos from Totoro (found from the pack I talked about above)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_121908_035857_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_121908_035857_02.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.