• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Errors & punching yourself - Help me >.>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well yet another error, but this time im going to ask for a general awnser:

What errors are there/their fixes. Is their a list?

IE: I have a three errors of the same kind:
Expected a code statement

What does that mean!!! Im sure the errors arent general enough to need to be awnsered individualy every time, so please, someone, anyone! Make a sticky of errors and their meanings >.>.
IM BEGGING YOU!!!

This would not only help me, it would reduce "help me" posts and it would be a great thing to have. SO MAKE IT DAMN YOU! :p.

(Why isint their one already...?)

Level 3
Because the error messages are almost useless, one cannot make a list of their meaning. One small typo can result in 200 errors reports.
You can use the PJass syntax checker to check your code for errors - that one gives reasonable error reports. I think you can find PJass in the tools section here.

There is one error which usually makes sense though: "Expected a name".
That error occours when you are trying to use a variable that doesn't exist (in that scope) or calling a function that hasn't been declared yet.
As a rule of thumb, when the compiler gives you a line with an error, it is often (not always) because the line above it has an error - and not the line that was reported.

Level 9
>.> Should have know, knowing blizzard >.>.
Big problem though, when you get like 200 errors, you cant really find the problem without mulling over every little line of code :/.

I guess i just need to get better at not making errors :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.