• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Teleport Issue help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need someone who could fix teleport... Im realy bad at this teleport issue and havent found a way to fix it myself. Maybe someone here can help me ?

When a hero tries to teleport it comes with error = Cant find town hall. I realy dont know whats wrong, so if you could fix this with me sending the map it would be a big help.

Level 16
I think you are using a scroll of town portal item or mass teleport spell to "teleport" your hero. This item has the ability item town portal. This teleports the hero, and any units around it to a desginated "Town Hall". A unit must have a classification of "town hall" to be targeted by this spell.

If you want a hero to teleport, u can change the "Item Town Portal" spell on the item to "blink (Item)". Or you need to use the "Blink" ability and you can change the name to teleport or whatever. I dont think ive very clear, lol, so ive uploaded a map.

Attachments

• Teleport.w3x
    16.8 KB · Views: 123
Level 16
There you go. The problem was your Town portal ability have "hero" under targets allowed. This meant it could only target town halls that were heros. I de-selected heros, now it can target your town halls.

A side note to your map. It is a black hole of memory leaks. I suggest looknig at memory leak tutorials on how to fix them. Memory leaks will make your game laggy.

Attachments

• Famous10 Footmen Dota 5.52.w3x
    6.9 MB · Views: 131
Status
Not open for further replies.