• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MAP error please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
im making a map with multiple camera s that change when your unit enters a region. it works great until i enter this one region...and the cam starts to switch..but when it finally stops and is in position it closes Warcraft 3 and give me this error

[war3 [X] ]
This application has encountered a critical error

Fatal error!

Program: c:\program files\warcraft III\war3.exe
Exception: 0XC0000005 (access_violation) at 001B:6F36168B

The instruction at '0x6F36168B' referenced memory at '0x00AFB000'.
The memory could not be 'written'.

Press OK to terminate the application.

[ OK ]

:confused: any idea why?

btw i have all the cameras set to periodic events but when you enter the region is turns off the previous camera trigger before it turns on the new one .

another note is that the camera is on a high mountain like elevation idk if that would have anything to do with it or not.

Level 1
I just put up a post about the same problem, with a Warcraft 3 memory error...
Maybe putting the code up to so that people can see it?

Level 2
this is the trigger for when he enter the region
Cam Switch 005 ORANGE
Events
Unit - A unit enters Cam switch 5 <gen>
Conditions
((Triggering unit) is in (Units owned by Player 6 (Orange))) Equal to True
Actions
Trigger - Turn off Camera 4 ORANGE <gen>
Trigger - Turn on Camera 5 ORANGE <gen>

--------------------
this is the cam that is turned on note that i have it set for 10 seconds....the game runs fine for those 10 second until it reaches where the cam is supposed to be then i get the above
Camera 5 ORANGE
Events
Time - Every 0.30 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Camera - Set the camera bounds for Player 6 (Orange) to Cam restrict Village <gen>
Camera - Set Player 6 (Orange)'s camera Rotation to (Rotation of Camera 005 <gen>) over 10.00 seconds
Camera - Set Player 6 (Orange)'s camera Far Z to (Far Z of Camera 005 <gen>) over 10.00 seconds
Camera - Set Player 6 (Orange)'s camera Angle of attack to (Angle of attack of Camera 005 <gen>) over 10.00 seconds
Camera - Set Player 6 (Orange)'s camera Field of view to (Field of view of Camera 005 <gen>) over 10.00 seconds
Camera - Set Player 6 (Orange)'s camera Roll to (Roll of Camera 005 <gen>) over 10.00 seconds
Camera - Set Player 6 (Orange)'s camera Distance to target to (Distance to target of Camera 005 <gen>) over 10.00 seconds

Level 1
I think its because of your event. Do it like this...

• Camera 5 ORANGE
  • Events
  • Conditions
  • Actions
  • Camera - Set the camera bounds for Player 6 (Orange) to Cam restrict Village <gen>
  • Camera - Set Player 6 (Orange)'s camera Rotation to (Rotation of Camera 005 <gen>) over 10.00 seconds
  • Camera - Set Player 6 (Orange)'s camera Far Z to (Far Z of Camera 005 <gen>) over 10.00 seconds
  • Camera - Set Player 6 (Orange)'s camera Angle of attack to (Angle of attack of Camera 005 <gen>) over 10.00 seconds
  • Camera - Set Player 6 (Orange)'s camera Field of view to (Field of view of Camera 005 <gen>) over 10.00 seconds
  • Camera - Set Player 6 (Orange)'s camera Roll to (Roll of Camera 005 <gen>) over 10.00 seconds
  • Camera - Set Player 6 (Orange)'s camera Distance to target to (Distance to target of Camera 005 <gen>) over 10.00 seconds
  • Trigger - Turn off Camera 5 ORANGE
PS: Put your triggers between these ['TRIGGER']Trigger Goes Here['/TRIGGER'] (Without all the single quotes)

Level 2
i found the problem!:gg:

the camera rotation!

idk why but if the camera rotation is set so the camera is looking toward south it crashes the game.. (south being the bottom side on the minimap)

so i have found the problem but now does anyone know why it would do this?

i think it could be because the cam is on a elevation that's about 8 cliffs or so higher than the rest of the map and seeing as the mountain is in the north if it changes the camera south it has to render all the models and stuff the whole way south

but thats just my guess....

if there is a way to get it to work without crashing i would really like to know cause i sorta need the cam to point south :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.