• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'v got a problem, each time i kill an unit in my map (a special unit) i got an error.
the unit has only 2 triggers, the research trigger, I mean each 30 seconds of game that unit has increased HP by 50, DMG by 1 and armor by 0.05. The second one is when that unit dies, wait 600 seconds, create unit on region. I show u an error, maybe u could read what is wrong, iv got no ideas.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 156
Level 5
Here are 2 SS of the triggers, the unit is Kongor (that big gorilla on the middle of the map). Also the research are kongor's embrace, kongor damage, kongor żelazny pancerz. Try by ur selves to kill him.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 118
  • HoN~6.w3x
    6.9 MB · Views: 106
Level 33
Maybe the map is corrupted for some reasons ?

EDIT:
Why don't you try this:

• Kongor Revival
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is An Ancient) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Wait 600.00 seconds
      • Hero - Instantly revive (Dying unit) at (Center of (Kongor Revival Region)), Hide revival graphics

Last edited:
Rozpoczecie walki wrecz triggers are bad, remove their copies and add actions to first one!

Set variable kongor trigger should be added to first one also!
bounty om trigger also!

Triggers like Move North Sentinel create location leaks
Move north sentinel 2 warunek same, leaks!

unit dies folder has triggers that share event, add them all to one trigger!
Simple IF THEN ELSE function can do work!
HB build dies same!
LG build dies same!

Unit Spawns mid triggers create leaks again!
Unit Spawns bot triggers create leaks again!

steam bath stops trigger use Wait 0.06 seconds trigger action, that is bad, use Wait 0.00 seconds instead (trigger will work same, + you removed bugs that can be created)

Setup trigger has hashtable setup files add them to first initialization trigger!

logger triggers create location leaks again!

embe trigger show you how to clean leaks!

Portal Key triggers share same event again, create IF THEN ELSE trigger actions!
Used them for different conditions!

GRACZE trigger is empty

STUCK2 and STUCK4 create leaks again!
Impale leaks again!
tree sight again!

Melee Initialization
trigger actions should be added to that first initialization trigger!
TR
trigger actions should be added to that first initialization trigger!

Shukuchi Effect trigger has Do Nothing trigger actions, remove them!

Spells Var trigger actions should be added to that first initialization trigger!
Initialization Events trigger actions should be added to that first initialization trigger!
Initialization Events Kopiuj trigger actions should be added to that first initialization trigger!

After over 10 imported spells and 100 icons and shit you gave credit only to 2 guys!
Special Thanks to:
Oszi
Angel Island
WTF???

Btw I checked triggers from above to bottom!
Spell triggers was skipped!

• Set Kongor = (Random unit from (Units in kongor <gen> owned by Neutral Hostile))
Is fail one, unit group is empty, create trigger action that will add unit into group, else it will crush game!

You better work on credit list, even if you upload map here it WON'T BE APPROVED without credit list!

Level 33
-Kobas- can you be less, violence?
That is his BETA MAP PROJECT, not his FINAL FULL VERSION, of course leaks and stuffs exist, as the map has not reach its FINAL STAGE OF ITS PRODUCTION yet
Credits too
I bet he's working on that map is on pre-alpha version, not even beta, give him a chance dude

-Kobas- can you be less, violence?
That is his BETA MAP PROJECT, not his FINAL FULL VERSION, of course leaks and stuffs exist, as the map has not reach its FINAL STAGE OF ITS PRODUCTION yet
Credits too
I bet he's working on that map is on pre-alpha version, not even beta, give him a chance dude

Each time when you create trigger, spare few more minutes to clean leaks!
There is 2 many tutorials about everything, all you need to do is explore internet a little more! Don't be lazy!

Also don't work on large project if you just started with WE!
Start with simple mini games!

AOS is complex and very hard map type, units balance, spells, systems and so on must be on advanced level!

Sorry for this words but I speak honestly!

My suggestion, advice or whatever is to find friend or 2 that can help you learning together!

Last edited:
Level 5
Ok, about credits - I just started it, not even done 1/100. I will add more and more but just now no time. BTW why blizzard made wait trigger if it do leaks? anyway i will change that copied triggers to 1 with if then else.

Ok, about credits - I just started it, not even done 1/100. I will add more and more but just now no time. BTW why blizzard made wait trigger if it do leaks? anyway i will change that copied triggers to 1 with if then else.

wait does not leak... its just that its not supposed to be used for MUI things... and can cause leaks due to that... and blizzard did a lot of useless things in war3... (Do Nothing, the NYI things in the gameplay constants, etc...)

Do Nothing isn't useless, we just don't need it in complex IF THEN ELSE functions!
It was created for single lines IF THEN ELSE functions, as you can see because there was no other way to do some things whit them!

I created test map with 200 loop triggers that run each 0.01 seconds and DO NOTHING ^^

There was a little lag, then when I press Esc ingame to turn that off and do same shit with 200 loop triggers but without DO NOTHING lag was still there ^^

Now who is right here I don't know, but if we don't need to use it we won't!

Level 7
I'v got a problem, each time i kill an unit in my map (a special unit) i got an error.
the unit has only 2 triggers, the research trigger, I mean each 30 seconds of game that unit has increased HP by 50, DMG by 1 and armor by 0.05. The second one is when that unit dies, wait 600 seconds, create unit on region. I show u an error, maybe u could read what is wrong, iv got no ideas.

Was this problem ever solved? If not, your troubles can be simply solved by setting Kongor at the beginning of a game to a unit variable. Then when you want to revive kongor, just revive his unit variable. The error probably has to do with the fact that you're trying to access the Trigger's 'Dying Unit' after the 'Dying Unit' was removed from memory after the 600 second wait. [You don't have to use a timer if you don't want to, although I'd recommend it because Wait actions tend to just cause confusion later on down the road.]

Was this problem ever solved? If not, your troubles can be simply solved by setting Kongor at the beginning of a game to a unit variable. Then when you want to revive kongor, just revive his unit variable. The error probably has to do with the fact that you're trying to access the Trigger's 'Dying Unit' after the 'Dying Unit' was removed from memory after the 600 second wait. [You don't have to use a timer if you don't want to, although I'd recommend it because Wait actions tend to just cause confusion later on down the road.]
Grrrrr lazy one:
My post on 1st page

unit group was empty that's crushed game, there is no other glitch there so that must be it!

Level 7
-Kobas- said:
Grrrrr lazy one:

A. I'm not lazy.
B. That post you made earlier contains 95% off-topic information, sorry I didn't catch the note at the end with no explicit solution to the problem anyway.
C. This needs attention:
-Kobas- said:
Also don't work on large project if you just started with WE!
Start with simple mini games!

...That's just discouraging. We're making games, we should encourage each other to make whatever type of game we want! :wink: I started with a large project, and although it has taken me a very long time to finish it, I learned everything I needed as I went along.

@redblack, if you haven't already, check out the tutorials section of this website and also thehelper.net. I learn something in the tutorials every time I look through them. Good luck mate :thumbs_up:

I dont think Kobas' suggestion was discouraging, it was a suggestion/advice after all... and its easier to work on little details first before moving into bigger ones...

and the problem with making a big one at the start? like as you said, your first map took a very long time, its a good thing that you did not stopped working on it, but what if a not so patient user did the same thing, I think he will get tired before he even finishes his first project or he might get frustrated and stop doing maps...

Status
Not open for further replies.