• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Error in World Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
:)

Im not entirely sure what your asking, however, Ill try my best to answer :D

From what i've gathered, you are trying to open a map in the World Editor, that was made by someone else. If you are receiving an error message, then it probably means the creator has protected the map to stop people from opening / editting it.

hope this helps!

Level 9
If the map is protected you cant open it in world edtior. So its not protected.

And DarkAngelAzazel its again the rules talking and postion things about protection/deprotection, so I will recommand you to quickly remove your post before a moderator see it.

Can you say what error message get? Its hard to help you when we dont know what it says.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64

Well then the solution is simple, you use a solution!

Ask an indecisive question and get an indecisive answer. Please state exactly what error you get. After all, errors are there to inform the user what went wrong thus saying you got an error means you could have had one of the thousands such programs can generate and so no one can give you a clear cut way to avoid or what causes such an error.

Level 12
There are few solutions for this ,and I will tell you some . I'm not entirely sure if all of them are correct :

1) The map is protected.
2) The map contains invalid files which prevents you to opening it.
3) The map needs to be opened in JASS NewGen
4) The map contains empty notepad document, which can give error.

Status
Not open for further replies.