• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

EntanglingTentacles

Entangling Roots but with Old God/N'raqi theme. Might be useful.

Changelog:

02:31, 6th Jul 2014
-Uploaded.
10:10, 6th Jul 2014
-Remapped the textures and added spikes.
Whatever the time is right now
-Added a mouth at the center and readjusted some of the textures.

Keywords:
Tentacles, Entangle, Tangle, Tangled, Rapunzel, Gore, Old, God, Void.
Contents

EntanglingTentacles (Model)

Reviews
08:37, 6th Jul 2014 Misha: I really think that you should try redoing the wrap, to include this pinkish part of the tentacles on their 'inner part' while the outside is the darker, would give a bit more of a tentacle feel, i think.. also, perhaps...

M

08:37, 6th Jul 2014
Misha: I really think that you should try redoing the wrap, to include this pinkish part of the tentacles on their 'inner part' while the outside is the darker, would give a bit more of a tentacle feel, i think.. also, perhaps the 'thorns' could be replaced with something else, forgotten one has a bit more texture to work with.
last bit, you should remove the unused textures

hm.. that 'pyramid' in the center could really use being something else.. do we have any toothy-circular-mouth ingame textures? or just more tentacles..

07:38, 24th Apr 2016
Misha: alright, approved, it's nice and useful.. although that mouth kiinda needs animation too.

While this is extremely useful, it must be said that this is simply a retextured model.
The texture wrap is bad and random and doesn't fit with the wrap of the normal forgotten one tentacles. The spikes are left like they were on the entangle model, instead of being changed to the forgotten one's spikes, which also does not fit.
Maybe after a serious rewrap, it can be approved for usefulness, since it really is useful.
You can also add some kind of blood particles during the stand animation, like it's draining the blood out of its victim, that would be a creative touch.
2.5/5 until updated.
EDIT: That's better, 3.5/5, though I think you should have left those little thorns and spikes.

Last edited:
this isnt garbage, this is something that has needed to exist for a long time.

iv seen trigger edited spells (castle wars) with 6 or more tiny little tentacles acting as the ''entangle'' art.

I my self attempted to make something similar but using the forgotten ones minions the ''faceless ones'' blue texture. the problem is entangling roots is a garbage model as it is, classic, brilliant in its uses, but very low poly and garbage bones that are un salvage able animator/animation wise.

its neat that he even tried, I think he did a good job cleaning it up, considering I gave up on it. well done. 8.5/10

cons: I think 3 fingers isn't enough, I suggest adding a portrait variation with the entire model turned on a 45 degree angle so we can simply use 2 entangle arts on one target to get 6 tentacles, a thought any way, could be considered ''entanglement level 2'' or something.

if you have the guts you could try and animate a larger fourth tentacle to behave like murkys ultimate in heros of the storm, with non moving spiral tentacles that wrap around but don't move alot:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/183403-albums6929-picture107939.jpg

might add a lot to it and could be exactly what it needs to be more then just a ''UV wrap''

either way its actually pretty amazing no body made this by now well done.