• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Entangle Mine Casting

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am trying to accomplish is to have the Root (Ancients) and Entangle Gold Mine abilities hidden in the unit UI.

-Hiding Roots in a disabled spell book is not an issue, however even if EGM is also in the spell book the game adds it back to the unit UI.
-EGM does not work without Roots (Ancients)
-I tried using various triggers to add/remove EGM when necessary

Basically the EGM ability should operate just as it does with the standard NE but without the ability icon ever being visible.

Thoughts?

Update:

I tried the approach of limiting the cast range of EGM but found that the range field in the editor seems to have no effect. I then tried to stop the cast using "issued order targeting object" on EGM, and "issued order with no target" on Root since the building unroots to go to a mine out of range. Neither worked.

Last edited:
Level 26
That's a special trait of the 'Entangle Mine'-ability then. In general, it does, for 'Root', too. Well, you can just avoid 'Entangle Mine' on the unit while it's not being cast (while it is being cast, the button is hidden, another special trait). If you need the right-click, catch and redirect via trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.