• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Enigmatic Easter Eggs (EEE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Warcraft III is filled with strange english sentences which are probably Easter Eggs, tributes to movies or other videogames. I could understand some of them, like the gryphon rider which in RoC said "I'm a true Warhammer 40000", or the cheat "Keysersoze", but I can't understand where do other sentences come from...
for example:

"It's Hammer Time" what the hell does it mean??? When do people say it???
"Who is John Galt" who is John Galt really? Is he a character of a movie?
"There is no spoon" is this sentence from a movie? A dumb cartoon?

Level 14
1) There is no spoon is from the Matrix movie.

2) John Galt is from a novel Atlas Shrugged. The question "Who is John Galt?" is asked repeatedly throughout the story and that is why they use it in warcraft 3.

3) Regarding "It's Hammer time!" is from that famous single from MC Hammer - U can't touch this.

Level 9
I couldn't understand the Wikipedia pages, that's why I asked it here... Then perhaps people in the hive could be more precise about the connection between the expressions in the real world and in warcraft.
Thanks for the help, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.