• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Enemy using skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hi, i need help, i'm creating boss fight(already know Asomath's tutorial- creating bossfight and thanks to him for good tut :))there is how to make(with triggers) boss uses skills, but i need to make boss uses custom skills and i don't know how to do it. Help please :)!

Level 5
Go to Scenario Properties > Forces and check the Fixed Player Settings box.

This will only activate basic AI though. If you want the boss to cast the spells only at certain times or regions, you'll have to trigger it.
i have turned it on but he don't cast anything ;/
i can't find trigger that will order him to cast custom skill ;/

Level 9
i have turned it on but he don't cast anything ;/
i can't find trigger that will order him to cast custom skill ;/

So hey, i created a boss for my map to help hivers and i gave him an ability someone asked to do me a week ago or so, the ability is called: Devastating Strike.

It is based on channel ability and where the fields are (Base order ID) i wrote Blackarrow. Then through triggers i ordered the boss to blackarrow the unit and it uses the spell. Added additional things to make the boss have a cooldown on the spell, not to spam triggers >:)

Check the thing, check the map, it should work, any questions? Write them here.

The boss is at the top-left corner (WARLOCK)

Tiche3

Attachments

• Map to help Hivers By Tiche3.w3x
    74.6 KB · Views: 92
Level 5
So hey, i created a boss for my map to help hivers and i gave him an ability someone asked to do me a week ago or so, the ability is called: Devastating Strike.

It is based on channel ability and where the fields are (Base order ID) i wrote Blackarrow. Then through triggers i ordered the boss to blackarrow the unit and it uses the spell. Added additional things to make the boss have a cooldown on the spell, not to spam triggers >:)

Check the thing, check the map, it should work, any questions? Write them here.

The boss is at the top-left corner (WARLOCK)

Tiche3

You may do it with any spell in the trigger editor, just issue the unit to cast the spell which yours is based and the unit will do it so.

I want him to use CUSTOM skill CREATED not normal skill with changed stats ;/

Level 5
EVEN if your skills are all CUSTOM, it still retain its BASE ORDER SPELL ID
Check for the "Text - Order String - Use/Turn On"
THAT'S the base spell ID and it can executed from Trigger

But if my spell is war stomp based and i'll issue him to do war stomp he will cast war stomp not my spell...

Status
Not open for further replies.