• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

End of Diablo

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Reactions: FlameofChange
an alternative spell for Diablo 2 boss red Lighting ability. This spell Fires a Lightning Laser that deal (Int/5) damage per pulse to enemies and at the end of the laser deal (Int*2.5) damage per pulse to enemies.
Please leave a comment if you like it.
Contents

End of Diablo (Map)

Reviews
Wrda
This spell has similar issues to the previous one. Starting from the whole, you should structure the spell in the following ways: 1. A configurable trigger, where the user sets up his desirable values that affect the spell overall. 2. A cast trigger...
Level 5
What is the leak?
Lightning cannot rotate in warcraft 3, I need another lightning model
Kerrigan has such a lightning bolt in starcraft 2 and Diablo in HOTS. We need to convert it

I use the finger of death

Attachments

• Lightning Spell (1).w3x
    13.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Level 21
Kerrigan has such a lightning bolt in starcraft 2 and Diablo in HOTS. We need to convert it

I use the finger of death
What map homie?

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 26
This spell has similar issues to the previous one. Starting from the whole, you should structure the spell in the following ways:
1. A configurable trigger, where the user sets up his desirable values that affect the spell overall.
2. A cast trigger, when the unit casts the ability, turns periodic trigger on if it's the first index of the spell.
3. A periodic trigger, where the spell has effects per interval, it can also have stages or phases. Includes deindexing when the spell ends.
4. You also might have a cancel trigger, depending on the spell.

Waits are inaccurate at low intervals, no one has control over how much time it actually waits. I don't even understand why there's a 0.01s wait before doing anything else, the spell would be fine if there was none there.

Onto the specifics:
Kind of Obfuscated variable names such as LS_Int_Cast_1 and LS_Int_Cast_2. They're not very descriptive, but they appear to be related to the amount of special effects as well as reaching the end point with lightning.
You're creating the lightning effect from the hero position to the end position with several intermediate lightning effects, but the result is that the closer someone looks to the hero, the more spammy and redish it looks, whereas at the end location it's more clear. You just need to create 1 lightning effect from the hero position to the end position with no stacked lightnings, which can be done inside the loop integer B, but outside of loop integer A.
You're leaking the "cancel death" effect, and also a lot of location (points) and groups (unit groups) leaks.

• Unit - For Unit (Casting unit), Set cooldown of ability (Ability being cast), Level: (Integer B) to 99.00
This isn't doing anything at the moment since "Ability being cast" is null after any waits.

Probably would be a good idea to add to your description how long the pulses last, or how many pulses per second. But that would require you to have more structured triggers since periodic triggers are usually 0.02s~0.03s
I would also suggest probably adding some kind of effect as in "debuff" for the units affected in the line, armor reduction or something. So it adds more something to the spell other than just damage.