• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Emp

A simple effect representing an electromagnetic pulse (or at least how an EMP is usually portrayed in games).

It consists of a short impact flash, followed by an expanding blue spherical shockwave, with lightning arcing from the origin to the surface. The Sphere dissipates over half a second. Uses Purge Sound effect.

5nfsl.gif
5nfvy.gif

The model has a radius of 100. To use it for larger AoEs, either use xefx or rescale it manually with Magos.

Give credits and ask me before modifying it more than the aforementioned rescaling.

Keywords:
Electricity, Shock, Stun, Lightning
Contents

EMP (Model)

Reviews
05:47, 6th Feb 2014 MiniMage: Low filseize, useful. Approved.

M

05:47, 6th Feb 2014
MiniMage: Low filseize, useful. Approved.

This looks pretty bad in the preview, but in-game it looks great with a style similar to other effects. It can also certainly be useful. You should probably make a .gif to put in your description. If you want, I can make one for you, because it's worth it so that people can see just how cool this actually looks in-game.

4/5.

Could be useful for an energy shield! But still a bit cheap. 3/5

You obviously didn't download it, or even look at it in the site's 3D Viewer. If you had, you'd know this is an explosive, and wouldn't be usable as an energy shield at all. You would also have known that it actually looks much better when it's animated than in the preview.

You should try actually looking at models in the future before downrating them. Especially when they're effects, which can never be properly judged by their previews.

Level 6
i really liked this one! ill recommend it to a friend of mine since hes doing a campaign ill warn you if he decides to use it